GM 14 bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrfinchen1

Reaction score
Hey yall I have a 1992 chevy silverado 1500 “heavy half”. It has a factory six lug semi float 14 bolt with a 9.5 ring gear. I have a mild built engine and have a burnout competition coming up on May 12th, im needing a way to lock my rearended while preferably not wanting to weld it. I would prefer to have a spool or mini spool but im having a very hard time finding one and any info would be great.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone makes a spool (or C-clip eliminators) for a GM 9.5" 14 bolt. If they do I've never seen them.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has a factory six lug semi float 14 bolt with a 9.5 ring gear... ...im needing a way to lock my rearended while preferably not wanting to weld it.
Welding that axle would be a crime.

Swap to a piece-of-crap 10-bolt, and weld that. They're disposable. Swap back when the contest is over.

Or do it right with a proper, aftermarket limited-slip or locker in the 9.5. I put a Truetrac in my 10.5 full-float axle.