Gibson split rear exhaust sytem advise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking into maybe buying this cat back system from summitt. It is the gibson split rear cat back exhaust system for my 94 chevy c1500 5.7L TBI extended cab. Does any one here have any experience with this system? I am looking for a moderate sounding exhaust system with little drone, good looking and that will last a long time. This one just happens to be stainless steel which hopefully will last me a long time.
i am also looking at the gibson single 3" side swept which on summitt advertises more horsepower and torque. They both include chambered and baffled muffler.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eh, maybe a little... Not much at all, though. Truth be told I thought I was noticing slight butt-dyno improvements with all the bolt-ons, but the real difference came when I had the PCM tuned by Black Bear. That was a night and day difference compared to literally everything else I've done to the truck.

J_lope82

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just installed their 3" single exhaust on my 98 with a 454, I'd recommend. It's not a ton louder over stock in the cab unless you have the windows down, but it gives it more rumble than stock.
Did you experience any drone?

RatPwrd72

Reaction score
I just installed their 3" single exhaust on my 98 with a 454, I'd recommend. It's not a ton louder over stock in the cab unless you have the windows down, but it gives it more rumble than stock.

Do you have any pictures of the tailpipe and tip installed? Where did you buy it at? I've been looking at this for my '96 crew cab dually and been shopping all around.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Did you experience any drone?
Nope, not even with the camper on.

Do you have any pictures of the tailpipe and tip installed? Where did you buy it at? I've been looking at this for my '96 crew cab dually and been shopping all around.
I bought this from a 4wd shop and it was the last one they had on closeout for $200. Too good of a deal to pass up.

You must be registered for see images attach

jaywestfall

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking into maybe buying this cat back system from summitt. It is the gibson split rear cat back exhaust system for my 94 chevy c1500 5.7L TBI extended cab. Does any one here have any experience with this system? I am looking for a moderate sounding exhaust system with little drone, good looking and that will last a long time. This one just happens to be stainless steel which hopefully will last me a long time.
i am also looking at the gibson single 3" side swept which on summitt advertises more horsepower and torque. They both include chambered and baffled muffler.

I have a 1998 Chevy Ext Cab with 5.7/automatic 2wd. We installed the Gibson SS 2.5" dual rear exit with bowtie tips along with a Magnaflow SS y pipe (new cats needed old ones were shot), Granatelli mass air flow sensor, K&N Filtercharge cold air intake. The sound on the system is kind of loud at idle, but barely noticable in traffic. Noticed some hp gain, but the other benefit was better fuel mileage, too. :) Love it!!!