Getting stuff ready for primer and paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
That looks pretty good. I like the bedliner!!
Ya I'm still on the fence about it I deleted all the plastic then welded up the holes then skimmed it with fiberglass and smoothed it all out then boxlinered were the plastic piece would go not sure it I like it or not looked better in my mind then in real life probably go to new factory chrome rear bumper and smooth chrome front on.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya I'm still on the fence about it I deleted all the plastic then welded up the holes then skimmed it with fiberglass and smoothed it all out then boxlinered were the plastic piece would go not sure it I like it or not looked better in my mind then in real life probably go to new factory chrome rear bumper and smooth chrome front on.
I want to get a smooth diesel bumper i love the looks of them. I do think your bumpers look good though!

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I want to get a smooth diesel bumper i love the looks of them. I do think your bumpers look good though!
Ya I thought of that to as I've thought about about a 6.5 or duramax swap as much as I hate the lb7 duramax it would be a lb7 unfortunately for the swap as rumor has it GM was actually built the lb7 to go Into the gmt400 trucks they are most compact Duramax motor. My thoughts were a lb7 duramax (Fass fuel system to keep **** lb7 injectors happy) with built 4l80 but that will be a future ordeal. When you look at a new Navistar 6.5 or optimizer crate you midas well just do the lb7 swap with a built 4l80e and call it a day and not have to worry about cracking the block thus the money you spend getting that 6.5 to a lb7 duramax power level in my opinion I'm better off lb7 4l80 swap.

Last edited:

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya I thought of that to as I've thought about about a 6.5 or duramax swap as much as I hate the lb7 duramax it would be a lb7 unfortunately for the swap as rumor has it GM was actually built the lb7 to go Into the gmt400 trucks they are most compact Duramax motor. My thoughts were a lb7 duramax (Fass fuel system to keep **** lb7 injectors happy) with built 4l80 but that will be a future ordeal. When you look at a new Navistar 6.5 or optimizer crate you midas well just do the lb7 swap with a built 4l80e and call it a day and not have to worry about cracking the block thus the money you spend getting that 6.5 to a lb7 duramax power level in my opinion I'm better off lb7 4l80 swap.
I want to do a 12v cummins swap into mine. Mainly due to the simplicity of it being a mechanical motor.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
I want do a 12v cummins swap into mine. Mainly due to the simplicity of it being a mechanical motor.
I thought of that too I but absolutely hate dodge trucks just don't think I have it in me too swap a motor that came from a junk dodge Into my Silverado something about that just doesn't sit right plus a straight piped V8 turbo diesel always sounds better then a 6 banger and it's all about the sound lb7s sound so good straight piped specially with the cheetah turbo swap OMG.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure the only difference in the lb7,lly and lbz duramaxes is hp/tq increases and the lly and lbz got vvt turbos. Size wise they should all be the same.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Im a straight up Duramax man myself and I love 88-98 and I'm building a nice 98 Z71 so yup I'm sure at some point ill put to and to together. Id like to do the alternate firring order cam swap Fass fuel system and oversized injectors studds and as much power as the toughest built 4l80 can handle. I perffer electronic diesels over mechanical ones as the electronic ones can be hacked and tuned very well. And I'm in Canada deletes and tunes and turbo back straight pipe is fully legal here in Saskatchewan plus if I want to buy a brand new L5P my gm dealer said they would let me fully delete a new L5P Duramax will full factory warranty as long as they or there affiliate dealers repair the truck if something happens. I will not disclose my secret dealer and my L5P delete tuner people I have connections let's just leave it at that.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Pretty sure the only difference in the lb7,lly and lbz duramaxes is hp/tq increases and the lly and lbz got vvt turbos. Size wise they should all be the same.
The research I've done claims the lb7 is about 5" shorter then the LLY and LBZ and it's narrower do to having basically internal injections Ive bin told the lb7 basically drops right into our style trucks weres the later duramax interfier with hood. Now I think that's just to do with the air intake system from what I can understand.