Getting stuff ready for primer and paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought of that too I but absolutely hate dodge trucks just don't think I have it in me too swap a motor that came from a junk dodge Into my Silverado something about that just doesn't sit right plus a straight piped V8 turbo diesel always sounds better then a 6 banger and it's all about the sound lb7s sound so good straight piped specially with the cheetah turbo swap OMG.
Oh yes they sound amazing i know exactly what your talking about with the cheetah swap. I agree a duramax would be awesome but a 12v is less wiring and I haven’t looked into any numbers or anything but i fee like it would be cheaper. I have saw a couple of members on here with duramax swaps but cant remember who.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Oh yes they sound amazing i know exactly what your talking about with the cheetah swap. I agree a duramax would be awesome but a 12v is less wiring and I haven’t looked into any numbers or anything but i fee like it would be cheaper. I have saw a couple of members on here with duramax swaps but cant remember who.
Ya It would be cheaper but I'd like to keep my Chevy a chevy I just don't think I could live with myself putting a engine out of a Dodge into my Z71 I've really researched 6.5s but I've also found even the optimizers crack at the mains so I thought well lb7 with standalone harness with a super built 4l80e with standalone harness the biggest thing I'm afraid of is making the cruise control and factory gauges and pushbutton 4x4 to work otherwise in my opinion it would be as easy as a ls swap.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya It would be cheaper but I'd like to keep my Chevy a chevy I just don't think I could live with myself putting a engine out of a Dodge into my Z71 I've really researched 6.5s but I've also found even the optimizers crack at the mains so I thought well lb7 with standalone harness with a super built 4l80e with standalone harness the biggest thing I'm afraid of is making the cruise control and factory gauges and pushbutton 4x4 to work otherwise in my opinion it would be as easy as a ls swap.
I agree it would be bad to have a duramax in one. I totally understand what you mean by keeping it chevy lol.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
So everything looked good this morning when I came back to check on the paint hours later I see I got some really nasty runs on the one door. This is the second repaint wasn't happy the first go so I just blocked it out 320 grit then no primer straight back into three full wet thick coats of paint so about six coats of paint total. I would think 1000 grit then 1500 then 2000 before buffing so take care of these runs or no? I was going too wait couple days probably Wednesday or Thursday I'd try wet sanding and buffing. If anyone is a painter let me know your thoughts I'm not looking for SEMA worthy paint but I can't live with them runs it's a solid single stage enamel Nason Paint.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Got the box on. Dam aftermarket quarters don't fit as nice as I'd like so will have to use some shims iguess but I'll wait on that till I get new urethane cab bushings. I have a feeling the back right side one has bin shot for a while as the original box body lines and cab body lines never really like up great either so I guess it bushing time aswell.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach