Fuel pump includes sending unit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPR Speed

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Usually the hangar assembly can be purchased as a whole. It will come with a fuel pump already installed, and the fuel level sending unit. The Delphi line of parts work well for the GMT400 platform. I've purchase a new hanger from Delphi for my current 96' K1500. I swapped out the fuel pump for a Walbro 450 but that's only for the build I was doing at that time. The hangar assembly and sending unit work as they should. Just be sure to get a solid clean ground onto the frame and you won't have any issues.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi,

sorry for the question...but does the fuel pump and housing include the sending unit?
If I want to replace everything I just order the pump?

The pump and the sending unit are generally 2 pieces until 1998. In '98 it became the infamous plastic bucket style in the plastic tank.
Which is what you tagged in the link.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pump and a sending unit usually come separately in the earlier trucks. I never had to do anything with the assembly in my '99 Suburban though.