fuel pump sending unit and fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1970

Reaction score
Does anyone have any preferences in fuel pumps and fuel pump sending units? I'm going to need to replace mine and I was hoping to get pointed in the right direction, as far as brand. Either what to suggest or maybe more importantly what not to get! The sending unit will be for a 94 Chevy 1/2 ton and the fuel pump to go with it would be for a 2001. I've done an LS swap is the reason for the different years.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've been pleased with the performance of the Precision brand new fuel pump I got for my Burb last fall. Truck runs better and starts better. And it is lifetime warranty which is the only one that O'Reilly's had with that.

m1970

Reaction score
I've been pleased with the performance of the Precision brand new fuel pump I got for my Burb last fall. Truck runs better and starts better. And it is lifetime warranty which is the only one that O'Reilly's had with that.
Ill check there, It seems like most are out of stock and they dont know when they'll get more in.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ill check there, It seems like most are out of stock and they dont know when they'll get more in.
I have a friend who lets me use his commercial account discount, through O'Reilly's, and that alone saved me over $125 on the pump, plus they could have it from the local warehouse that afternoon.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my bed back on today having just gone through bad fuel pump failure. I found a NOS GM 25178860 and used a Walbro 5CA-400. I figure the original sender’s in the trucks were good for 20+ years, so hopefully this one comes close.
You must be registered for see images attach

Had I not found this sender, I probably would’ve used a Delphi HP10001 with a Walbro fuel pump.

Last edited:

m1970

Reaction score
I run an AC Delco ep381 with a Spectre sending unit. No complaints.
That was what I was going to use, but it seems to be very hard to find. Everyone I've talked to so far says they cant get one. When I look it up online it they they are out of stock from the manufacturer. I will probably go with a delphi most likely.

m1970

Reaction score
Just got my bed back on today having just gone through bad fuel pump failure. I found a NOS GM 25178860 and used a Walbro 5CA-400. I figure the original sender’s in the trucks were good for 20+ years, so hopefully this one comes close.

Had I not found this sender, I probably would’ve used a Delphi HP10001 with a Walbro fuel pump.

m1970

Reaction score

My original sending unit lasted about 30 years. So maybe a new one will be close to that!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My original sending unit lasted about 30 years. So maybe a new one will be close to that!
The one I posted above is new, just been in a box for 27 years. That might be a stretch to get 30 years out of a new one. Which pump you get?