factory window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
i just picked up a 99 crew parts truck and the rear door windows on both sides have a gray streak down the dark tint on the outside, us there a way to fix that?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure it's factory tint? While most of the later model GMT400's have smoked glass on rear doors, not all do. Some are just plain clear glass. If they're smoked, it's literally in the glass itself, no film is applied and I can't imagine how you could get streaks in it.

Richard

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
it is the smoked glass just like my 98 has, it has a opposite discoloration like mirror sunglasses sometimes get if you get oily finger prints and that area gets dark, these went gray streak about 3"wide from top to bottom, i have not tried any cleaners on it to see what effect that has

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure it's factory tint? While most of the later model GMT400's have smoked glass on rear doors, not all do. Some are just plain clear glass. If they're smoked, it's literally in the glass itself, no film is applied and I can't imagine how you could get streaks in it.

X2, my Suburban has the factory smoked glass and there's no film on it. No idea what would cause this.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
seems to be staining on the glass, i was rubbing on it with my finger and it looks like it may be starting to go away, the odd thing is it looks like its on the inside but im rubbing the outside

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
spending most of my time on facebook in the chevy groups there or just being a slave to my job

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slave sounds good mAkin that paper what u drivin now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
still driving my crew dually, just picked up a 99 crew srw for the sheetmetal and to convert my dually to single wheel

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
attachment.php
ranch hand was gone when i got it and 454 wouldnt run more than a second or 2 but half hour after i got it home i had it running{ guy had replaced power plug for coil and had 2 wires wrong}, not a bad deal for $700

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 59