Engine Replacement Tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I question for Erik,I been building engines for over 40 plus years,the mounts are not hard to find,what I find funny is so many say what you said about the mounts,ask yourself this,where do you think the GM gets there mounts?
Not sure what you're saying there. I posted the note about the mounts because I'm used to old-school GM engines with the angle cut transmission bellhousing and cheap tin converter cover. When I did my Suburban's engine swap I hadn't seen the bracing bars between the engine and transmission before, and somehow I left one of the mount plates out. Trenton says he hasn't done this before, so I was just giving a tip.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

IF (big IF) genuine GM mounts are still available, AND they haven't been screwed-up like GM does to other parts once the vehicle gets a few years on it, (aftermarket junk in a Genuine GM box, at Genuine GM prices) they'd be the only acceptable solution.

DavidAlan

Reaction score
I got a web site for you ,that has what available for GM Trucks,and for your motor mounts depends on if they have in stock,actually got a couple sites for you on the mounts,I use,if cant get from your dealership

https://www.gmpartsstore.com/ also https://www.lmctruck.com/ try that next time for motor mounts, btw mounts besides like Engines and Trannies are always being updated,so never take old when reman or new is beter.