EBC Yellowstuff Brake Pads - Worth It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just bought the Akebonos off Rock Auto for $40 (listed as wholesale clearance 1 remaining) I'll report on them in the spring when I get around to changing them out.

DJackson1357

Reaction score
FWIW on friction codes for brake pads on the GMT400 vehicles I've had:
- Bendix MKD369FM Fleet Metlok Semi-Metallic - FE code
- Power Stop Z36369 - GG code from what I remember, been a few years
- Raybestos EHT369H - GG code, current pads. Good bite with low dust, super touchy when wet and first moving though. Favorite pads I've used on this vehicle.

Also used Akebono on other vehicles in the past. On those applications the ACT pads were typically FF and the ASP pads GG. Not sure on GMT400 applictions.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- Raybestos EHT369H - GG code, current pads. Good bite with low dust, super touchy when wet and first moving though. Favorite pads I've used on this vehicle.

Also used Akebono on other vehicles in the past. On those applications the ACT pads were typically FF and the ASP pads GG. Not sure on GMT400 applictions.

That's great information. Thanks for contributing! The Power Stop and Raybestos are both reasonably priced on RockAuto as well.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Here's some Hawk LTS awaiting installation on my dually. I need some more aggressive shoes before I can put these pads on but don't know where to start there.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Here's some Hawk LTS awaiting installation on my dually. I need some more aggressive shoes before I can put these pads on but don't know where to start there.

Thank you both!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you guys know if drum brake shoes have a similar grading system to the pad edge codes? I was going to try and dig into that deeper but haven't made it that far. Guess I should open up the OEM ACDelco shoes I got and see how they're marked.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've found a few articles that seem to indicate that the edge codes apply to shoes as well. The ACDelco 19150002 shoes I got appear to be marked FF. I didn't realize that the picture came out so crappy but the full markings are:

012619C

GM-210-FF 819

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm halfway considering returning the EBC DP41273R pads and getting the Raybestos EHT369H instead. There may be more to it that I'm missing but the more I think about it I'm kind of disappointed that the Yellowstuff pads only manage an EE code considering they're $120 per set. The Raybestos with a GG code for $42 seem like a great deal.

EDIT - Actually the Raybestos are only $33 shipped from RockAuto.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to keep bumping my own thread so often but I did some more research on shoes for the 11" six lug drums tonight and I can't find anything higher than an FF code with 100% certainty. I spent some time Google image searching part numbers for shoes that I found on RockAuto and there is one potential possibility I see for a GG code shoe, Wagner ThermoQuiet PAB473R. It's impossible to tell from the best picture I could find though, it could be anything really but the closest one especially looks like it might be GG.

I'd be curious to see a set of these in person.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am curious how much noise those slotted rotors will make, but anyway all the comments on different forums say the yellow stuff is great but dust alot.