E-Force Supercharger 1552

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Look into Torqstorm if nobody has mentioned them yet. Yes, they are "sort of" the old Powerdyne superchargers but not really. Powerdyne had problems with internal belt breakage and flimsy mounting brackets; Torqstorm took over and redesigned everything. They're a pretty inexpensive (relatively speaking) choice for SC's and centrifugal may be a better choice in a traction-limited setup like a truck.

Their kits are not intercooled but many have added aftermarket intercoolers to the mix and they can probably help you with sourcing those parts as they are pretty active on social media, seem pretty tech-savvy and involved with their customer base. You can look 'em up on fb if you use it or just go to their website. They're about 3K for a SBC kit.

Richard

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was averaging between 7-10mpg depending on imhow heavy my foot is rite now.. so I was thinking more power, easier to pull/fuel mileage… but I could be wrong.. I’ve been thinking about a 6.0L swap as well… BUT I’ve already got this set up.. is what has me wanting to utilize it…
6.0L will be a step backwards. A 350 makes more torque, 1,000 rpm sooner than a 6.0L.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
6.0L will be a step backwards. A 350 makes more torque, 1,000 rpm sooner than a 6.0L.

Nobody wants to hear that - they just want to feel the snappy feel that the 6.0 gives them. Never mind that after that initial throttle response, there isn't much there...

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nobody wants to hear that - they just want to feel the snappy feel that the 6.0 gives them. Never mind that after that initial throttle response, there isn't much there...
All rev and no real go. There is a reason I put good heads on a 383 with a decent roller cam for my Express van I tow with.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

If you find yourself in a scenario where you NEED to wind it out, I can see it being better. Personally I'd like to stick a 6.0 in my truck, but that's because I have a 2.9L Kenne Bell blower that would sling enough boost at it to fix the anemic torque while being able to enjoy its legs.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All rev and no real go. There is a reason I put good heads on a 383 with a decent roller cam for my Express van I tow with.
So what would be the result of comparable mods to a 6 liter? Again, not being a smsrtarse or fanboi, just asking serious questions.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
@L31MaxExpress I have researched your comment in my other thread for a while now…
I have found a new Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger! However it’s $3800 after tax! Plus install & the MSD Boost Retard Box… so this will run me about 7k for everything. Good ole Canada for ya!

So my quest for MORE POWER for towing has lead me down this rabbit hole. I can’t find anyone with this exact SC & limited videos on YouTube. However all I read is awesomeness about a positive displacement SC for towing. So before I pull the pin drop 7k I wanted all comments/advise/ or anyone that HAS one to chime in..

Now please guys keep in mind, EVERYTHING is A LOT more $$ than the states…

For those who don’t know my set up is..
383 Stroker. 9-5-1. Fast Burn Heads. ZZ4 cam. RPM Performer intake & Edelbrock 750 carb. 1 5/8 long tubes. Electric Fan. FAST tranny controller, plus more… oh rite 4.56 gears. 295/75/17s.

I tow 7k or more. It put down 250rwhp & 330rwtq at 3k. All I do is really tow with the truck.
I know it's not apples to apples but positive displacement SC for towing is awesome. My family has an H2 with a Magnacharger S/C on it pushing 5 lbs of boost. Pulls our 21' ski boat loaded down (probably around 5500-6000 lbs) up 8-12% grades for long periods of time like it's nothing. Yes, I know its a 6.0 but point being it's lifted on 38x15.50s and it can haul it's heavy a** along with a boat behind it and the thing acts like the boat isn't even there.

Currently reading into SC's for the burb as I'm in the hunt for more power as well. After I regear, and if I'm still not happy with the power, I'm definitely going this route. Thanks for the find on this SC. If you do end up installing this one, definitely keep us informed!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you find yourself in a scenario where you NEED to wind it out, I can see it being better. Personally I'd like to stick a 6.0 in my truck, but that's because I have a 2.9L Kenne Bell blower that would sling enough boost at it to fix the anemic torque while being able to enjoy its legs.
That sounds fun!

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I am not at all against the 6.0. It is an adequate replacement for the 5.7. It is also newer and has more potential than the old motor.

I just get sick of people thinking that "dropping in an LS" is the cure for not being able/willing to tune a 5.7 or 7.4. As you for sure know - putting together the right package, and making it all work together is important. Many are too lazy to do the work.