Load range E Wildpeaks are now available in 15 inch tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
28037202 Walken wildpeak 15 inch tire ,yet load range E (10 ply)
You must be registered for see images attach

if someone, for some reason, wanted to put 15 inch (E rated)10 ply tires on, they can now.
Frankly, I dont know how I feel. i am someone who would overload a half ton truck like the moronic genius I am, but I would get 16 inch wheels for brake fitment lol.... hey, options are options, more options than needed is usually less worse than no options.

Tread depth is benefitted, I think, so maybe mileage when used certain ways?Plus more stability when trailering?

posted this on gmsquarebody but figured you would all appreciate it

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm all for options as well, and I've heard that Falken makes a good tire. Those Wildpeaks are about $10 cheaper per tire than BFG KO2s too.

That said, the 235/75/R15 BFG KO2s on my C1500 are only load range C, and those feel plenty stiff to me on that truck. I don't think an E would be necessary for how I use it.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm all for options as well, and I've heard that Falken makes a good tire. Those Wildpeaks are about $10 cheaper per tire than BFG KO2s too.

That said, the 235/75/R15 BFG KO2s on my C1500 are only load range C, and those feel plenty stiff to me on that truck. I don't think an E would be necessary for how I use it.
I would think you are very correct , as would be for most. I kinda want to get 2 to be sadistic to myself but then again My front tires have tread left so it would be wasting. although one could be used for the steel spare.. lol

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been reading up on load ratings, load range, and load index lately while preparing Roscoe for the road. The "Max Load" tells me those are 116/113 Load Index - which I think is a better way to load rate tires. "Load Range" doesn't actually refer to the number of plies any more. It's the "equivalent" of an old-style 10-ply tire. Still, the different ratings do seem to correlate, and those look like a pretty respectable tire - I have 115/112 index tires on Roscoe.

For those who don't know, look at the "LT245/75-16" or whatever on your tire and it will be followed by "116/113" or something similar. If you have SRW, the first number is the load index. The second number is the load index for DRW tires. In a single tire config you can load 2756 lbs on the tires. In dual config you can load 2535 on each tire (5070 total). It's derated so if one tire blows out the other tire should be able to hold the 5070 lbs until you get pulled over.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wildpeaks are my favorite tire. Got them in my lowered 2wd and even put them on a Camry I had