Door Handle and Door Pin Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Changing the latch and striker fixed the problem. Just waiting on the roller spring compressor so I can finish the job. Got everything else done. Even almost broke my finger, trying to use a pry bar to stick the spring. FML

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
haha LOL, I noticed the other day that who ever previously had my truck didn't put the springs in the door when they re installed the doors.SMH.:nono:

You don't necessarily need the springs to go back in the door, a lot of people actually leave them out. Actually I think I have one on the passenger side..missing on the drivers side

FIREBALL 94

Bowtie enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the old link ckresto is no good now anybody know where i can get the roller pin part for the drivers side,? The drivers side is bent alittle and i need to replace the hardware and all as well im sure.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can look at eBay, rockauto.com lmctruck.com, classic parts.com, etc. There are quite a few places to get one. Rock auto will prolly be the cheapest!

GTAwheelman

Reaction score
You don't necessarily need the springs to go back in the door, a lot of people actually leave them out. Actually I think I have one on the passenger side..missing on the drivers side

For now i'm leaving my drivers side out, until i get the spring tool. i must say i like the way the door feels without the roller, seems so much smoother.

FIREBALL 94

Bowtie enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well rockauto, lmc trucks, and classic parts do not carry just the roller piece i need from what im seeing you have to buy the whole hinge assembly and i dont need nor want to do that, i know you can buy the pins and bushings at advance auto and im thinking i seen a newer model roller pin at advance but it was for the 99-up models is that the same design, would it work for the 94 model roller, or ????

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice write up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the rollers, the springs, and the hinge pins at AutoZone. They had everything right on the shelf. The only thing I had to order was the spring tool. AutoZone, Napa, advanced auto parts, and pep boys didn't carry it. I got one off of amazon for like 13 bucks. With next day shipping and everything, it came out to like 22. Which is what all the stores named above wanted to charge me to have one ordered to the store.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
FYI - The door spring tool can be bought at Harbor Freight for about $6. I've used it 5-6 times and it's holding up fine. And O'Reilly's had every part for the door, including pairs of the bushings sold separately, as well individual rollers.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
FYI - The door spring tool can be bought at Harbor Freight for about $6. I've used it 5-6 times and it's holding up fine. And O'Reilly's had every part for the door, including pairs of the bushings sold separately, as well individual rollers.

Yep, thats where I got mine... sent it along with the truck when I sold it, along with the yet to be installed pin kit. LOL.