Door Handle and Door Pin Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
As far as the pins go, yes.

Ya. The outer panel will have to be taken off.

Sent from my DEERE powered Droid

I'll be needing to replace external handle & latch, because the rod connecting the two, has busted the clips off either end(i'm assuming. atleast one end broke -.-)

You must be registered for see images attach

Make sure the red, plasti-coated rod tip is inserted into the hole in the latch mechanism. This operates the latch from the exterior handle.

You must be registered for see images attach

Believe it is the rod more inside the door, in the second pic..

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone that's done this did they have a hard time getting the bolt in that you access in the hole behind the door panel after you take it off? I did my pass side handle seemed to be on good, now its a lil loose so I had the panel off and seemed to cross thread the bolt at a slight angle, its hard to line the bolt right when you can't look down and see like you can when the window is down lol, any help?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

3linkedchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my hinges/pins are pretty shot, and I noticed a couple people mentioned replacing the strikers. Are replacing the strikers necessary? Or should I spend the little extra money and just replace them?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my hinges/pins are pretty shot, and I noticed a couple people mentioned replacing the strikers. Are replacing the strikers necessary? Or should I spend the little extra money and just replace them?

From everything being worn is your striker damaged/worn? If so replace if it looks like it should be if not your good

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
How long of an extension you need? And thanks for the info

I would think anything 4" or longer.

Replacing the striker would be a good idea.