AMD replacement rf fender and door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_Belchamber

Reaction score
I had to replace the right door and fender on my 1989 K1500 as the door was hyperextended and damaged both. I can’t believe how cheap these repop parts are. The only good thing is the door pins will last forever as the replacement door literally weighs half of the OEM door. I don’t think the door will even be able to hold its shape and maintain door alignment it’s so flimsy….and panel alignment isn’t great either….

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1269.jpeg
    IMG_1269.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 6

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to replace the right door and fender on my 1989 K1500 as the door was hyperextended and damaged both. I can’t believe how cheap these repop parts are. The only good thing is the door pins will last forever as the replacement door literally weighs half of the OEM door. I don’t think the door will even be able to hold its shape and maintain door alignment it’s so flimsy….and panel alignment isn’t great either….
I need a new passenger door, and maybe fender if I can't knock the dent out reasonably well. And I am scared to buy anything aftermarket. The consensus is they are all crap. So I will be doing my best to find and OEM one.
Sucks when you spend your hard earned money on something and it turns out to be junk.
If someone could repop these part in a factory gauge steel, they would probably make a decent profit.

J_Belchamber

Reaction score
The gauge of the steel is VERY light! I purchased all new sheet metal from AMD a few years back for my '66 Chevelle SS and the quality was very good compared to these parts. The alignment isn't terrible around the door and fender I need to do some more shimming on the fender I'm just concerned about maintaining alignment they are so flimsy. And that top corner where the fender meets the door is just ridiculous lol