Did I tell y’all I replaced my water pump?!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I was discussing the trifecta of stupid Ford tools with a friend this weekend. There's the mini-slide hammer for pulling spark plug tips out of 4.6 3 valve motors, the spark plug thread tool for 4.6 2 valves, and the pinion shaft lock bolt extractor for 8.8 rearends. I have two of the three tools. That said, when it comes to manufacturers, I'm fairly agnostic. OP, I too have a special water pump tool I built for my '99 Suburban.
I'd never own one of their trucks with those engines in them. Single camshaft engines for me, unless it is a four cylinder.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To hold the pump hub while you break the big fan nut loose?
Yup.
I'd never own one of their trucks with those engines in them. Single camshaft engines for me, unless it is a four cylinder.
I haven't had a truck with those engines either. I daily an '06 Mustang GT, and my son had a '99 Crown Vic Police Intercepter. Pushrod, SOHC, DOHC, I don't care so long as it's a good motor.