Water getting in, HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed a little bit of water was getting in around the windshield and soaking the headliner so I sealed it today, however I noticed my passenger floorboard was completely saturated with water pooled up in the door jamb (see pictures). Can anyone suggest where this can come from? No water behind or under seat, it’s all the door jamb and where a passengers feet would sit. I really need help as this is my only commuter and can’t afford a new vehicle

For reference I did remove the plastic trim and whatnot so I could dry everything out under the carpet, and the truck was sitting while we got all our rain. (Not driving)
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are MANY reasons that cause this. I could spend 1/2 hour writing out most or you could do a quick search on site. Multiple threads on it. I feel for you, it’s not fun to deal with.

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mean I feel like most of these causes would make the floor wet under the dash too? But seemed like the majority was toward the door which may point toward something else? Or am I thinking wrong

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would try and fix the leak where you say it’s coming in at windshield/headliner. Possible that could resolve everything, kinda unlikely, but maybe start there. Weather permitting, run a hose on roof or drive through a carwash and watch carefully. Or take it to an auto glass shop to inspect.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread out of "ENGINES" and into either "OEM and Custom Interiors" or perhaps "Paint / Body / Detailing".

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mean I feel like most of these causes would make the floor wet under the dash too? But seemed like the majority was toward the door which may point toward something else? Or am I thinking wrong

The usual suspects are…

*the cowl screw (pull the blower, stick a mirror in there and you’ll see it poking through).

*cracked seam sealer at the cowl

*leaking rubber boot where the door wires pass through

*water splashing out from behind the door panel and overflowing from the sill weatherstripping - plastic door sheet and/or butyl tape torn, plastic vent flaps torn and directing rain toward the door panel (I think only Tahoes had these)

All can form a swimming pool in that area. Starting low, hit it with a water hose and it should reveal itself.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The usual suspects are…

*the cowl screw (pull the blower, stick a mirror in there and you’ll see it poking through).

*cracked seam sealer at the cowl

*leaking rubber boot where the door wires pass through

*water splashing out from behind the door panel and overflowing from the sill weatherstripping - plastic door sheet and/or butyl tape torn, plastic vent flaps torn and directing rain toward the door panel (I think only Tahoes had these)

All can form a swimming pool in that area. Starting low, hit it with a water hose and it should reveal itself.
…don’t forget clogged cowl drains.