Water in cab of truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clayzer

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this thread at but decided to post it here, I have a 95 Chevy 1500 4x4 350 TBI and here recently have been finding water underneath the floorboard on the passenger side. It doesn’t look or smell like antifreeze and I really don’t think the seals of the cab are leaking due to it not raining in my area. Checked the condensate dump to see if it was plugged but could tell of no blockage. Unsure of what the problem is. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4431.jpeg
    IMG_4431.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4432.jpeg
    IMG_4432.jpeg
    303.5 KB · Views: 23

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
My leak was from the old cowl screw problem. There's a screw that holds the plastic cowl onto the body in front of the windshield. One of the screws is directly above the AC blower that's open above. Water will leak into the blower motor and onto the passenger floor area. I used an ample amount of silicone in the screw hole and screwed the cowl back on. My problem was fixed!

Last edited:

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had something similar and I could not figure out where it was coming from and it drove me up the wall lol. It ended up being the seam sealer on the cowl right next to the hood hinge on the passenger side was dried out and cracking. I’ll try and post a picture later today.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could always run a water hose. Mine has a leak from the seams of the hvac box. I've also had a leak from the cowl. And last when I was cleaning my evaporator I notice a chunk of gasket missing on the top of the hvac box going to metal. Could also be something to look at.

clayzer

Reaction score
My leak was from the old cowl screw problem. There's a screw that holds the plastic cowl onto the body in front of the windshield. One of the screws is directly above the AC blower that's open above. Water will leak into the blower motor and onto the passenger floor area. I used an ample amount of silicone in the screw hole and screwed the cowl back on. My problem was fixed!
You must be registered for see images attach

Believe this could be the problem, the only reason I don’t think it is is because it hasn’t really rained in my area in a while, and the floorboard is almost wet every time I get in it