Water in cab of truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it becomes wet, it tends to stay wet too. Before I resolved mine, whenever it got wet, I’d peel carpet back and run a fan.

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On mine, the seal for the HVAC air inlet duct was leaking. It would leak down the passenger side/inside cab side of the firewall, and after soaking that padding it would go down to the padding under the carpet on the passenger side.

Laredo1307

Reaction score
I currently have a leak as well and of course mine is in the worst possible location. But there's a few spots you can check

- Like most have said the cowl screws (2 of them) are directly above the air box inside the dash and water will look like it's coming out of the box if that's you issue.

- Another spot is the plastic vent that allows the rain water that comes into the middle is the cowl to drain out the side of your panels. There's one on each side. you can easily see the one on the drivers side (black plastic screwed to the firewall next to the quarter panel). The passenger one is under the radiator overflow. Just remove that and you'll see it. Sometime these gets full of debris and pine needles causing water to buildup. There's some body seam filler right there where the water dumps from the firewall and through the black plastic. If that body seam filler is cracking it can allow water to flow into the back side of the dash.

- Another spot is the body seam filler that right under the cowl where the (2) cowls screws are above the air box. If that is failing you'll need to scrape it off and reseal.

- Or you can have my problem. I can see the water coming in at the very corner under my dash where the firewall and other body seams come together. It only seems to leak when the water rolls off the cowl and over the hood hinge in that area between the passenger quarter panel and the side body panel. Basically where you can't see. My only options are to remove the dash and reseal the areas where the fire wall and body panels come together or I think I can remove the passenger quarter panel and attempt to seal it from there. That would be much easier than removing the dash.