cutting coil springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
should i drive it like i stole it when i cut a 1/4 at a time? Im also debating on the little cute c notch. My new notch will not be finished till next week. geuss i need to get out the measuring tape

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I personally would cut no more than half a coil off to start, maybe less depending on the situation.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just cut my front springs 1/2 a coil and so far its given me about 3/4 drop. Hope it settles to that 1 inch I was looking for. Overall it looks great now. Hope to get it aligned on Monday. What I thought was going to be a 2 hour job turned into a 6 hour job. For the life of me I could not get that spring back into that lower pocket. Finally finished up about an hour ago. I didn't quite get that spring to sit exactly how it should be. I was lacking about 1/4 inch before it hit that recess on the lower control arm. I don't think it'll hurt, I hope.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im waiting till next weekend cause my axle is only 3 in away from the bump stop with the gas tank on empty. My new notchs will be done this week.