Custom bumper tuck and hood on my 89

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KennyK

Reaction score
I got that grill a long time ago, it's oem

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
That's a beautiful truck that you've built! Great color!
That bumper mod was discussed on the forum pretty extensively, about 1.5 years ago. I've got a bunch o' pix of other trucks that have had that done to them, but I'd have to do some serious diggin' to find 'em.
I believe it was Dagen_1 (I may be wrong) that was going to give it a shot, but I think that that got shelved.
Would love to do this to my black '98, but not quite tucked as much as your's. Do you have some measurement numbers of the amounts that you sliced & diced outa the bumper, or did you test fit, cut, test fit, cut? A step by step build thread would be really helpful, if you have that info to pass along.
Love the engine! Had one of those in an S-15 Jimmy. One of the best looking SBC's ever built!
Oh yea...Welcome!

Twas Deven (devs93) that was gonna do the bumper tuck, not sure what the status on that plan is now with everything else hes doing

To the OP truck looks awesome, im not a fan of the hd hood on the gmt400 but out of the pics posted the ones that arent to tall look decent

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love the tweed! If I ever do anything to mine that's what it'll be!

KennyK

Reaction score
Yea not sure on how the hood is going to look, I think it might look good with the bumper
But I still have a perfect stock hood and the ss hood in case I don't like it lol

KennyK

Reaction score
That's a beautiful truck that you've built! Great color!
That bumper mod was discussed on the forum pretty extensively, about 1.5 years ago. I've got a bunch o' pix of other trucks that have had that done to them, but I'd have to do some serious diggin' to find 'em.
I believe it was Dagen_1 (I may be wrong) that was going to give it a shot, but I think that that got shelved.
Would love to do this to my black '98, but not quite tucked as much as your's. Do you have some measurement numbers of the amounts that you sliced & diced outa the bumper, or did you test fit, cut, test fit, cut? A step by step build thread would be really helpful, if you have that info to pass along.
Love the engine! Had one of those in an S-15 Jimmy. One of the best looking SBC's ever built!
Oh yea...Welcome!

Yea it was a cut fit till I was satisfied

KennyK

Reaction score
Got me a few sheet metal shaping tool to try and work some metal

You must be registered for see images attach

Made these curved t-dollies to the radius I needed for the hood

Never did any metal shaping before so I did a ill test piece first

Test fitting the test piece think I need to buy a stretcher and shrinker