Custom bumper tuck and hood on my 89

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I think you are doing exceptionally well for your first time bumping.

If you're talking about the shrinker/stretcher that you get at places like eastwood with the pull handles, they're not much good for large panel pieces. They're more for edge pieces like a wheel well lip.

Keep at it as you're doing and you'll get there. People have been bangin' shapes out the same way for decades, although it's become a bit of a lost art to do it by hand. Your biggest challenge will to be to get both left and right sides to be the same. On a hood piece, even a small variance from side to side is going to jump right out at you. But it seems like you have the patience to keep working to perfection!

English wheels and powered planishing hammers with shrinking/stretching faces are the big fabricating shop ways.

Cheers

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks killer you have much talent keep posting pic's.

Maybe some PIAA or Catz driving lights IN the bumper would look good.

KennyK

Reaction score
I think you are doing exceptionally well for your first time bumping.

If you're talking about the shrinker/stretcher that you get at places like eastwood with the pull handles, they're not much good for large panel pieces. They're more for edge pieces like a wheel well lip.

Keep at it as you're doing and you'll get there. People have been bangin' shapes out the same way for decades, although it's become a bit of a lost art to do it by hand. Your biggest challenge will to be to get both left and right sides to be the same. On a hood piece, even a small variance from side to side is going to jump right out at you. But it seems like you have the patience to keep working to perfection!

English wheels and powered planishing hammers with shrinking/stretching faces are the big fabricating shop ways.

Cheers
Yea that's what I was talking about
I just think it will be a lot easier to stretch the bottom with the tool after I shrink the top by hand
And I made them curved t-dollies so it will help me try and get the same shape from side to side