Couple battery questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
My truck had a 2007 die hard from Sears that started the truck in -20 weather up until last month, definitely quality batteries

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I should add it was a die hard gold and I have the Vortec 350

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No doubt! Online warranties suck to deal with for major components

For sure. Enjoy your new battery, I'm sure you'll be more than happy with it! I recommend getting one with top and side terminals, it's nice to have the option for adding stuff later on.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I should add it was a die hard gold and I have the Vortec 350

I'm not saying that the Gold or other Die Hard batteries are bad at all, but the Platinum series is the only one of their lines made by Enersys, and the only one of their lines to carry the Enersys equivalent 4 year free replacement warranty. They're kind of in a league of their own, just compare the specs. Just wanted to clarify.

HerpDerp1919

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I i'm gonna get that Sears Platinum, and just keep that stripped battery in my second battery tray and hook it up with an isolator. Just in case I need a jump or someone else does. 'cause if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy)

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I'm not saying that the Gold or other Die Hard batteries are bad at all, but the Platinum series is the only one of their lines made by Enersys, and the only one of their lines to carry the Enersys equivalent 4 year free replacement warranty. They're kind of in a league of their own, just compare the specs. Just wanted to clarify.
For sure. The battery came in my truck so I kept it until it quit. Now I have a 2009 ever start something my dad took out of his 04 when his alternator quit. Free batteries are the best batteries

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have your battery checked your battery might be bad my dual post battery was shorting out on the side post but not on the top post and Auto Zone yellow top batteries are good my buddy has one on his ride it's 13 years old that's super good.

Yes check all grounds as others stated.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Auto Zone yellow top batteries are good my buddy has one on his ride it's 13 years old that's super good.

That's why it's still good, it was made before they moved production to Mexico. The new ones are garbage, trust me.