Compass/Temp mirros

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
whatever you want to make them if it was me I would use my pinks for the temp sensor brown for power and green with black stripe for ground and green n grey for compass

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like you have a three wire harness for a seven wire connector. With just three wires do not expect all features to work. My understanding is Gentex makes mirrors for several auto manufacturers and yours is most likely a Gentex mirror. They have different wires used on these mirrors for different applications.

Gentex makes many different mirrors with different features. Don’t overlook the possibility that some mirrors have different internal wiring.

Here are some Gentex mirror wire colors/positions and what they are for. This is second hand information so take it with a bit of caution.

The connections to a Gentex mirror (with comp and temp). The connector pin numbers are found on the wire incursion side of the mating connector.

GM / wire harness color / function
PIN 1 / PINK / POWER +12 volts
PIN 2 / BK / CHASSIS, GND
PIN 3 / LT GRN / BACKUP LIGHTS
PIN 4 /GY / TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR
PIN 5 / PINK / TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR
PIN 6 / DR GRN/WT / TEMP PROBE
PIN 7 / BK/WT / TEMP PROBE

Note: Pin 3 is to be connected to the backup lights to turn off the auto dim feature in reverse.

If you intend not to use this feature connect the LT GRN wire to chassis ground. If this pin is floating the auto dim will not work properly.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I am going to swing by the yard prob Fri. I stashed away a couple of onstar mirrors they also have temp and compass well if I remember right. I wasnt sure if anyone would want them having the onstar buttons on them thats why I didnt get the last time

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to swing by the yard prob Fri. I stashed away a couple of onstar mirrors they also have temp and compass well if I remember right. I wasnt sure if anyone would want them having the onstar buttons on them thats why I didnt get the last time

Did GM ever make mirrors that have the garage door opener HomeLink system in the mirror? or was GM's always in the overhead console?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a 'onstar' mirror. I have an 'onstar' antennae installed on my truck that I would like to use for a sat. radio. With some 'onstar' window stickers, that would complete the illusion of actually having GPS tracking on my truck. Just to keep the lowlifes at bay.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i already have the mirror i just wanted to know is you knew what the wires went to cuz i didnt.. but i found that and put my new mirror in tonite..

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a 'onstar' mirror. I have an 'onstar' antennae installed on my truck that I would like to use for a sat. radio. With some 'onstar' window stickers, that would complete the illusion of actually having GPS tracking on my truck. Just to keep the lowlifes at bay.

Right on If noboday found em I will get it friday