New Gentex auto dimming mirrors w compass (cheap)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got mine yesterday in the mail. I have 136hrs of PTO i have to burn so guess I’m going to install the mirror and Christmas lights today.
Glad I could help. Its insane how they are fire sale pricing these things. The last 2 days were a bit crazy for me. I flew out from Texas to Iowa to pick up a Ford Maverick I ordered as a new daily driver spent 2 days driving 840 miles, and will be installing one of these mirrors in it on my next days off.

Not to get off the subject, but what a delightful vehicle this is to drive. I ordered the XLT with AWD. Drives like a car. I got 30.2 mpg the whole trip while averaging between 70-75 mph. It also has an uprated 4,000 lb tow capacity I will probably never use, but that gave me an optional differential ratio, heavier duty axles, bigger radiator, and a thermostat controlled auxiliary trans cooler.

I flew to DesMoines Iowa simply because the dealer did a one time sales special $3,000 off MSRP, and I was able to order exactly what I wanted. I gave them my farm Bureau I.D. and that took another $500 off.

Last edited:

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Moparmat2000 congrats on the new ride. they are really cool, ford did a great job on them. 30mpg is awesome! The xlt package is very well equipped with all sorts of nice features.

Oh and don’t forget, all farm bureau members get a free gate sign!

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depending on what your truck cab has for lighting, I would personally go for a mirror with temperature, compass, homelink, and lights. I would get them in blue or green (LCD) But I guess if had issues red or amber (ive seen) could work.
If you have any plans for backup camera, they make newer ones which automatically become the screen, they also have frameless ones. they also have wider ones. a wide angle on a standard cab with nothing obstructing the rear view is a GREAT idea

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depending on what your truck cab has for lighting, I would personally go for a mirror with temperature, compass, homelink, and lights. I would get them in blue or green (LCD) But I guess if had issues red or amber (ive seen) could work.
If you have any plans for backup camera, they make newer ones which automatically become the screen, they also have frameless ones. they also have wider ones. a wide angle on a standard cab with nothing obstructing the rear view is a GREAT idea.
The lighting is blue, and compass matches the color. The small screen between the gages has a compass and outside air temp built in. The center touch screen turns into a backup camera when you put it in reverse. Even the base XL model has this setup.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The lighting is blue, and compass matches the color. The small screen between the gages has a compass and outside air temp built in. The center touch screen turns into a backup camera when you put it in reverse. Even the base XL model has this setup.
thats pretty cool!!