Carazy's Twin Turbo 6.0 AWD BURB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm just curious, what did you do to your rear-end that made it strong enough to survive pulling the wheels off the ground on that monster? I know you work at a transmission shop, but what did you do to the rear?

Also, is it realistic to keep a 4L60e if I'm planning to do a mild power build myself? I've heard guys say that they can be made to handle power and be reliable, and I don't really want the extra weight and different ratios of the 4L80e.

You've probably got one of my favorite trucks on the site. Looks mean, but not too overdone. Very clean truck. Are you going to keep the 6.0 n/a?

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its just a black truck but there is some money in body work and black is unforgiving so I wrapped it. I also wrap nicer vehicles at work the same way. One drag of an airline or droplight or even shirt button on a fender ruins your work.

Its just the stock 3/4 ton full floating rear that came with the truck. It was updated years by ordering the guts loaded from GM and ring and pinion were from GM also. Nothing crazy just the truck being a 2500 was built pretty stout.

As far as the 4L60Es, I have built so many in different applications. There are mods you can do to improve durability but I feel like no matter what you do to the 60 a stock 80 can still hold together better.

The 6.0 will have twins on it, just working on details of what size turbos, what manufacturer, and cam.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
IIRC, a stock 4L60E is rated at 360 lbft crank and 610 case.

A stock stock 4l80E is rated for 440 crank, 880 case.

Just an FYI moment.

:)

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whipple is GONEEEE. Hopefully 454 goes this weekend. Thank you Craigslist!

Time to start ordering goodies.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright...where are the updates...LOL

Doings lots of research and hoping the wife puts a few parts under the tree. The 454 is just sitting in there by mount bolts, waiting for a new home.

Sorry for lack of updates but with the Holidays not much progress was done.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found a 2000 Escalade cluster at a salvage yard I deal with so I snagged it and added it to the pile of parts to install.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
LS9 cam. That's the reason why I have the new timing chain cover with the relocated cam sensor.

I went this route because from the tests I see its a good factory cam option for what I am doing.