Carazy's Twin Turbo 6.0 AWD BURB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bear, I really like to think I am not the only one out there that wants to have a more modern sportier stance. . .

Gope, I have a mtx 8100d amp powering the subs which is 1200 watts rms. Each sub is in a custom box I designed and built with the fella who actually designed the mtx thunder 9500s. They weigh 76lbs a woofer! Each subs good for 1200 rms each but that is wayy too much bass so one amp does fine. The rest is 4 6 1/2 pioneer premier 3 ways, 2 pioneer 4x10 or whatever those funky rear overhead speakers were and I have 2 tweeters in the front doors that are all powered by a pioneer amp. I have a older pioneer premier head unit that will be coming out soon to swap to something with a front usb that controls ipods. I am into clarity over the booms so I have it set very different than some people but the truck has DJ'd a few parties and bbqs already. Plug her in the trickle charger open the doors and let her rip.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trucks definitely going to tow still. I dont see shackles listed from western for the 2500 suburban?

Thank you Plague

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whipple is coming off tonight and hopefully the engine will be following sometime this week.

Lil squirts take a redic amount of your time up.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up guys. I just wanted something really mild so the 33 x 12 tires go up into the wheel wells a little and reduce gap. Anyone throw on the hellwig sway bar kits? The 2500s never had a rear sway bar, so I am thinking it will help the truck handle a little better.

FastOrange has Hellwig sway bars, I believe. But that truck is a lowered RCSB 1/2t.
I have a sway bar from a Suburban on my '97. A couple of holes drilled in the frame & 2 HD 3" muffler clamps was all that was needed to install. $25.00 including all the brackets & other parts at the P&P.
If you do get one from the wreckers, make sure to get the nuts that go on the bracket bolts. They're specific. Keyed so that they hit the inside of the frame which prevents them from turning as the bolts are installed or removed. Near impossible to get a wrench in there to hold 'em.
Not as large as the Hellwigs, but still made a huge dif.
My '98 also has a sway bar, of unknown origin. Little different style than the '97's, and a bit thicker. I installed that one on my '97 first, but have switched 'em between the trucks.
I found that the '97 with a 2/4 drop, handled better with the thicker bar. Taller center of gravity than my black truck.
With the '98 @ 4/7, & the lower center of gravity, it works better with the smaller one. With the big bar on it, on stutter bumps & railroad crossings, the truck gets a bit tail happy. I'm gonna have to swap them between each other, again. Process of trial & error!
I'd recommend new sway bar bushings front & rear, too. Urethane ones.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally some progress. Now just need to find new homes for these!

You must be registered for see images

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Finally some progress. Now just need to find new homes for these!

Have to say: I like the way your prep your areas for work...:thumbsup: