Votes: 7 8.6%
  • pull the valence

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • get a diesel bumper

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • get a winch bumper

Votes: 33 40.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
well I wish you lived coser VL I would put in some time and TBT fab would turn out one of these bad boys for ya. Built by my friend matt and myself. from scratch.
You must be registered for see images attach

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
well I wish you lived coser VL I would put in some time and TBT fab would turn out one of these bad boys for ya. Built by my friend matt and myself. from scratch.

you and I both... I would sure like to know some welders :bawl:

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Leave it alone IMO. If really wanting a winch, do a behind the bumper front hitch, cover up the hitch with the factory license plate mount, and keep the winch in your tool box for a emergency. And if your really wanting fog lights, mount them behind the grill. Simple = Clean. I hate trucks that are over loaded with gaudy add ons.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
I would say It reallt depends on your budget. That bumper on the k5 is right around a grand. But I gave to agree I love how my truck looks with the diesel bumper. With no fogs in it. Best front end mod I've done I think.

Crewcab Steve.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Leave it alone IMO. If really wanting a winch, do a behind the bumper front hitch, cover up the hitch with the factory license plate mount, and keep the winch in your tool box for a emergency. And if your really wanting fog lights, mount them behind the grill. Simple = Clean. I hate trucks that are over loaded with gaudy add ons.

I agree to a point... I'm liking the clean look I got as soon as I ditched the grill-guard.

On the other hand, you can't say that ChrisAu's truck isn't awesome, because everyone knows that it is.... but then again, everyone knows that your super-clean "Greenie" is awesome too. There are two sides of the spectrum, both look great...

And what do you mean about covering the thing up with my stock license plate mount? If I just got one of those frame-mounted hitches, that wouldn't be very noticeable anyways would it? Or are you saying that I could mount one that the license plate covers, I pull the license plate off and voila- a hidden hitch?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I would say It reallt depends on your budget. That bumper on the k5 is right around a grand. But I gave to agree I love how my truck looks with the diesel bumper. With no fogs in it. Best front end mod I've done I think.

Crewcab Steve.

No prob- the K-5's bumper is a little too gaudy for my liking, I would make something a little less noticeable- as close to stock as possible, but heavy steel. It would just be nice to have some friends who could do it. And yes, the diesel bumper looks awesome on your truck

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
F the "clean look" then you look like every other Chevy rolling down the road! imo...

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have a hidden winch...make a drop plate that is for the rollers of the winch...and so it has bracing behind it, then mount the winch under and behind the whole thing and wire your winch remote to work inside the cab like a fancy button...thinking about doin this myself