1997 gmc k2500 burban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little board? I'm not sure what you're meaning. Got a pic?
Will get better pictures tomorrow, but person hacking at it was trying to bypass passlock. I think best action might be to completely remove passlock module and function. Which seem to be either needing to tune ecu or give it fake signal.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Will get better pictures tomorrow, but person hacking at it was trying to bypass passlock. I think best action might be to completely remove passlock module and function. Which seem to be either needing to tune ecu or give it fake signal.
If you're doing that, have it tuned out. I don't know if there's a way to do a fake signal for Passlock.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If you're doing that, have it tuned out. I don't know if there's a way to do a fake signal for Passlock.
Passlock sucks, but at least it did keep someone from stealing your truck.....
The ONLY sure way to get rid of it, is to have it electronically deleted from the PCM. From what I understand, if you take the box loose it may not start because the lock cylinder/ignition switch is not getting or giving the correct signals.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Passlock sucks, but at least it did keep someone from stealing your truck.....
The ONLY sure way to get rid of it, is to have it electronically deleted from the PCM. From what I understand, if you take the box loose it may not start because the lock cylinder/ignition switch is not getting or giving the correct signals.
this is good info here I will ad this video though I do not know how long it would last though I would spend the money and get it tuned out
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
this is good info here I will ad this video though I do not know how long it would last though I would spend the money and get it tuned out
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not a good solution. Using this method, if the battery dies or loses connection then the PCM will start looking for a signal from the PassLock module again and you'll be right back in a no-start situation. I would only do this in an emergency or for testing purposes.

If you want PassLock removed permanently and reliably, a tune really is the only way to go. It's a five minute job for anyone with JET DST, HPTuners or EFILive. Plus you can leave the module in place, no need to tear anything apart.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Not a good solution. Using this method, if the battery dies or loses connection then the PCM will start looking for a signal from the PassLock module again and you'll be right back in a no-start situation. I would only do this in an emergency or for testing purposes.

If you want PassLock removed permanently and reliably, a tune really is the only way to go. It's a five minute job for anyone with JET DST, HPTuners or EFILive. Plus you can leave the module in place, no need to tear anything apart.
agree it was just some thing that I found