Votes: 7 8.6%
  • pull the valence

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • get a diesel bumper

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • get a winch bumper

Votes: 33 40.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I agree to a point... I'm liking the clean look I got as soon as I ditched the grill-guard.

On the other hand, you can't say that ChrisAu's truck isn't awesome, because everyone knows that it is.... but then again, everyone knows that your super-clean "Greenie" is awesome too. There are two sides of the spectrum, both look great...

And what do you mean about covering the thing up with my stock license plate mount? If I just got one of those frame-mounted hitches, that wouldn't be very noticeable anyways would it? Or are you saying that I could mount one that the license plate covers, I pull the license plate off and voila- a hidden hitch?

Oh yea I really enjoy a lot of the trucks on here but some of the add ons I just don't like for my own.

And yeah, kind of like a hidden hitch for the front with a flip up license plate so u can throw the winch in when u need it. I'd also have the back of the truck wired up as well so u can put the winch in the rear also if needed. I've thought about buying me another winch and one of the mounting baskets to throw on the back of my truck if I ever get in a bind. I'd do the front like I'm suggesting u to if I didn't have the bumper I have now :(

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Of all the opinions offered, 3 stand out the most-

Idea 1-
Oh yea I really enjoy a lot of the trucks on here but some of the add ons I just don't like for my own.

And yeah, kind of like a hidden hitch for the front with a flip up license plate so u can throw the winch in when u need it. I'd also have the back of the truck wired up as well so u can put the winch in the rear also if needed. I've thought about buying me another winch and one of the mounting baskets to throw on the back of my truck if I ever get in a bind. I'd do the front like I'm suggesting u to if I didn't have the bumper I have now :(

That would be SO cool- I would keep my clean look and have a secret winch mount, which shouldn't be all too hard to fab up, just have to cut a spot out behind the license plate. :waytogo: If I did this, I'd probably just give the lights to my Dad...

Idea 2-
That is so clean, and you have a very nice, simple clean truck! Thats what id do if i were you!

This one too- I could do the same as what Ryan said, only with a diesel bumper and have my lights installed.

Idea 3- maybe have Horns or someone fab me up a really clean, simple bumper, not overly bulky or something that screams "CUSTOM!!!!" but just big enough to house a winch on the INSIDE of it.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Thats true with the "not overly bulky" I find often times with these trucks is that the aftermarket bumpers look way to big and bulky. Chris's truck looks sick with the tag bumper... but hes boarded line to big... Dont get me wrong though! It does fit his truck realy nice! Prbably because hes got the huge tires and lift kit.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
I think doing as I'm suggesting or with the diesel bumper would be win, win. Super clean and incognito but also very useable, like its factory. Either bumper gets my vote. Hell u got me thinking now.... that is if my truck is still in one piece. Truck is at the dealership getting the 4.56s installed and just got hit by a tornado :(

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Idea 3- maybe have Horns or someone fab me up a really clean, simple bumper, not overly bulky or something that screams "CUSTOM!!!!" but just big enough to house a winch on the INSIDE of it.
I would still do the reviever hitch and keep the custom bumper still low profile, it is still going to stick out pretty far to just have room for the winch. That is what I am going to do if I can justify the cost of the winch for such little use.
I still think that the chrome diesel bumper will look best on your truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
pics of some of your work?

I've got a few.

These eventually were powder coated and had a wooden bowl that bolted to the top. They're stand for powder for weight lifting.

You must be registered for see images

This is one of our main products.

Here's some repair work.

More repair work. 7018AC stick.

I don't take a whole lot of pictures at work just because I'm always dirty and I don't like to handle my phone or a camera.

IdreamofYenko

Runnin Lights and Sirens
Reaction score
I really like the idea of a TAG. My dad is a fabricator for Hydratrek http://www.hydratrek.com/ so before I dive into shelling out cash I'm gonna see what he can throw together for me. He builds all the shackle mounts, roll cages and hitch points for them now. He used to build the bodies for them but moved up to his own shop building the bolt-ons and occasionally does the powder coating for them.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
questions to ask before recommending:

1. What's you budget?

2. Do you intend to actually use the winch and if so, how? IE: little bit of mud "unstucking/high-centering" or climbing rocks, etc. A big 10,000-15,000 lb pull unit is a heavy beast to massage on and off a receiver....

3. Are you more concerned with looks or function?

4. What's theft like in your area? A receiver mounted winch is a lot easier to steal than a hard mount. Whether it's on the receiver or chained in the box...

You can probably see where I'm going here:

1. If you intend to use it and use it hard - hard mount in a good solid bumper/mount designed for it.

2. If you're using it lightly and are more concerned with clean looks - receiver and pick bumper of your preference.

3. If you want the rugged "zombie Apocalypse" look, grab a big bumper designed for a winch, hard mount that sucker and drive around looking like you could push a full grown steer out of the way!

it all just boils down to your personal preference. Go with what you like, not what other people like.

cheers

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I think doing as I'm suggesting or with the diesel bumper would be win, win. Super clean and incognito but also very useable, like its factory. Either bumper gets my vote. Hell u got me thinking now.... that is if my truck is still in one piece. Truck is at the dealership getting the 4.56s installed and just got hit by a tornado :(

Man- hopefully it's okay!!!

questions to ask before recommending:

1. What's you budget?

2. Do you intend to actually use the winch and if so, how? IE: little bit of mud "unstucking/high-centering" or climbing rocks, etc. A big 10,000-15,000 lb pull unit is a heavy beast to massage on and off a receiver....

3. Are you more concerned with looks or function?

4. What's theft like in your area? A receiver mounted winch is a lot easier to steal than a hard mount. Whether it's on the receiver or chained in the box...

You can probably see where I'm going here:

1. If you intend to use it and use it hard - hard mount in a good solid bumper/mount designed for it.

2. If you're using it lightly and are more concerned with clean looks - receiver and pick bumper of your preference.

3. If you want the rugged "zombie Apocalypse" look, grab a big bumper designed for a winch, hard mount that sucker and drive around looking like you could push a full grown steer out of the way!

it all just boils down to your personal preference. Go with what you like, not what other people like.

cheers

1- budget don't matter, if I know what I want I will do it, even if it means saving up for it...

2- yes, I intend to use a winch- I've needed it a few times to for getting unstuck/unstucking other people

3- I want to keep the the good looks, but have lots of function... she isn't going to be a street queen, but not a ballz out mud slopper either. Looks are higher, I suppose...

I'm going for functional good-lookingness.