Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Since my last post I've hauled the camper while towing my car to 2 different tracks and, as expected, towing is a much more pleasant experience. I hauled 70-75 on the climb from Pueblo to Colorado Springs and the truck would have done more. It lost a couple mph on some rises, but only downshifted once to pass some trucks up a hill when I needed to gain speed.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since my last post I've hauled the camper while towing my car to 2 different tracks and, as expected, towing is a much more pleasant experience. I hauled 70-75 on the climb from Pueblo to Colorado Springs and the truck would have done more. It lost a couple mph on some rises, but only downshifted once to pass some trucks up a hill when I needed to gain speed.

That's gotta be pretty nice

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score

So what kind of MPG did you get?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't check with the camper, can't be better than 5 and change. I'll know better next year when I do the annual pilgrimage to OK and it takes more than a tank.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Took an impromptu trip to the mountains, didn't want to come back and I hardly got back to the hidden stuff with this monstrosity of a camper. Just been using it for the track until now, needy ass cars have been sucking up all of my time. Suddenly I need a Jeep or a side by side in my life to go see the rest of the **** with the fam. The truck lugged its ass around nicely even up at 10,000-12,000 feet. It just grunted along in OD up some decent grades without downshifting.

Here's where we stayed the 2nd night, federal land free of charge.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here I'd climbed to the top of this rock lined hill to scavenge some firewood.

The first night, we stayed at Twin Lakes which was a bit busier than our site the 2nd night. Also no firepit at the campsite, had to walk over where the tents were and find an unused pit. It was pretty though, had a great view of a couple of 14ers.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
We actually skimmed about 6 14ers on that trip, was not expecting that. We basically rode the highway known as the top of the rockies, though I do not recall crossing a continental divide so I'm a little lost there given the elevation we were at. I was super glad to not have to horse with the jetting of the water heater, fridge, or furnace given the significant elevation changes we saw. I've used this camper from 1000' clear to 12,000' and not had to touch one damn thing.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hit the pull and pay today for the flipper dually and couldn't pass up a B&W turnover gooseneck. One more thing to add to the pile of **** to do on this thing now.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hit the pull and pay today for the flipper dually and couldn't pass up a B&W turnover gooseneck. One more thing to add to the pile of **** to do on this thing now.

Officially hate you. I rarely ever find good pull a part scores like that.
I've been toying around with throwing in a B&W in my truck for ***** and giggles.

So in case you decide against it I'll gladly give that hitch a good home.