Bolt on portal axles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I certainty have not heard of such an animal...Even SAS are kinda rare for these trucks, doubt portal axles are going to be bolt-on.

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reaction score
Sas is not possible for me, I thought of bolt on portals to lift the truck easily because here in belgium you can not lift a truck without a lot of paperwork, so bolt ons is easy no paperwork and every year take them of for the controles

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had no idea such a product existed for light-duty trucks.

I've seen that sort of thing on a VW-based dune-buggy; and on military/heavy-duty stuff. Never on a pickup.

I learn something new every day.

(I went looking for a photo of the VW portal axle, and came up dry. I had assumed that they were fairly common VW parts...they sure looked OEM to me...but I can't find any hint of 'em on the internet.)

Last edited:

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
I mean techically you could SAS is and just run two different sets of springs for inspection

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
Isnt it a lot of work every year to switch them?

if you did a leaf spring set up not really. other than replacing the packs maybe an adjustment in the steering linkage just for the inspection. the easiest route would be blocks but i dont advise running blocks on the front axle