Battery Dead or Parasitic Drain?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

long_bed

Reaction score
The past two mornings I had to jump the truck off to drive to work. Yesterday I made about 6 trips where I had to cut off and restart the truck and never had to jump it off throughout the day. This morning it wouldn't start again without a jump. I haven't started it up again since 9 this morning so we'll see if it still holds a charge. My neighbor (mechanic) was telling me that the low temperature we're getting at night is killing the battery.

Is there any way I can check with a multimeter to be 100% sure before buying a battery?

long_bed

Reaction score
I left the battery unhooked overnight and it did t want to start this morning when I hooked the cables back up. That leads me to believe dead battery.

I also did a test i found online by unhooking the negative battery cable and checking mA across the battery posts and it read around .15 mA after being hooked up for about 5 minutes and everything went to sleep. That is next to no current so I am going with dead battery on this.