Battery DEAD, DEAD !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I got in my truck this AM and there was NOTHING! No lights, no radio, no sound when turned over, NOTHING!!! I've never had a battery that dead. This isn't a question, just an observation. The battery is pretty new (year or so Interstate) and I don't remember leaving anything on. I'll update when I get home this afternoon and investigate. :33:

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could also be a junk battery. A professional mechanic I know sold Interstate batteries for decades. He switched to a different manufacturer a few years back because Interstate's quality crashed and burned.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Ding , ding, ding!!! Battery terminal for the win! The negative side post had backed out ever so slightly. Tightened it and she cranked right up. Thanks guys and gals!

I don't think i've done it lately, but I've actually used loctite on the bolt before. Also, I try to put the connector on in the same spot, if I need to remove it, so the face of the lead boss doesn't get all chewed up.