99 5.7 vortec crankshaft pulley wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May have just been camera angle but it looked more like a shake than a wobble. Shake would mean front main bearing worn. As was mentioned remove the pulley and run the engine and focus on the center hole in the damper. If you see ii moving up and down your main bearing is worn out.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a video of my engine at idle

The above link is a video of it.
Seems like it’s wobbling pretty good I’m wondering if this is causing my engine shake at idle

@evilunclegrimace:

Not necessarily, that pulley bolts to the center of the balancer. The pulley could be bent, could be bolted to the balancer incorrectly. Your video does not show the balancer.

NOTE: I agree with evilunclegrimace, you still need to figure out *which* of the 2 components is the root cause
of the visible 'shake' in the serpentine belt pulley. FWIW I didn't see this discussion because I think this question
was also asked over in the P0304 thread elsewhere?

Anyway, here is what I came up with in the other thread: (Runout due to serpentine belt pulley -or- harmonic balancer?)

Last edited: