96 k1500 sitting for half a decade, need recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saren42

Reaction score
Yet *another* update. After getting the tank back in, everything hooked up, ect ect. Fire up the truck, few miss fires, replaced the plugs, cleared up 2 of the random misfire cylinders, still had 2 more going on, replaced cap and rotor (which was put in in 2018, but was fairly worn out already somehow), and new wires. Same issue, random misfire on 3 and 4. The next thing I can think of, is the fuel injector spider. I got a bunch of Barryman B12 in the tank, about 5-10ish gallons of E0 top tier 87, at this point, it doesn't seem like it's helping the spider, and the poppets it seems. At this point, I'm expecting, I need to replace the thing, and I'll probably get the upgraded spider, with the injectors instead of poppets, any thoughts on this?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I had a truck with poppet-style injectors, it'd already be GONE in favor of the upgraded "electronic" injectors; sourced from a name-brand company. Not from one of Amazon's millions of made-up brand names that'll be gone in six months.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Standard seems to be a viable alternative when AC Delco isn't available. Normally I'd say fuel injectors aren't the place to save a couple hundred bucks but I'm not finding the AC Delco set in stock anywhere.

Saren42

Reaction score
Standard seems to be a viable alternative when AC Delco isn't available. Normally I'd say fuel injectors aren't the place to save a couple hundred bucks but I'm not finding the AC Delco set in stock anywhere.
Well, the strike has made AC Delco parts hard to get. But also, a few hundred bucks is literally the difference between me getting the spider in January, and me maybe not being able to get it at all, on the current financial situation lol. Thankfully, this truck isn't a sole vehicle, and if there are issues with it later, it's not the absolute end of the world. If it was the vehicle we would be relying on day in, day out it would be a different story.

Edit - That being said, I may end up just going to the junk yard and getting one from there, and cleaning it up best I can, and see about trying to make it work for the time being, should be cheap enough.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wild Guess with no evidence: The Genuine GM unit, and the Standard unit, are made by the same company and crammed into different packaging.
The SMP and the Acdelco have different fuel distributors. The Acdelco has part
#17091626, I can’t remember what the SMP had, but I a/b’d them and they were different. Supposedly you have to use the SMP clip for the SMP as well.
You must be registered for see images attach

Saren42

Reaction score
So, I've been trying to find this fitting for a while now, it is the fitting that goes from the upper intake manifold to the line that goes to brake booster. I cannot find, for the life of me, the name of this fitting online. Obviously I'm just not searching the right words or something, but it does not stay in the upper manifold, and I don't think is causing my misfire issues, it certainly isn't going to help the truck run right at all. If anyone knows the name of it, so I can try to find it. Since, taking it into an autoparts store, isn't likely to do me much good, most of the counter folks there aren't going to be much help for me, most likely.

Also, I figure for replacing the injector spider, I did find this, and I might give this an order, to use. https://www.ebay.com/p/78879822
You must be registered for see images attach