96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Apparently, my rear main seal has given up on doing it's job. Don't really want to fix it, knowing I'm going to swap the engine, but hate not being able to drive it without making a mess. It's leaking pretty good. Thought about trying some Blue Devil sealer. Anybody use it before?
https://www.amazon.com/BlueDevil-Rear-Main-Sealer-Ounce/dp/B0079JX4JO

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Wait, you already swapped the 5.3? Did I miss that? Or this is on the original 5.7 engine?
Still riding around on the 5.7. I bought some liquid rear main sealer, and seems to have helped. Aside from the leak, it runs decent, so been leaning toward doing some cosmetic upgrades, before the engine swap.

I wish I could do more frequent updates, but I'm juggling all kinds of stuff right now.

I'm seriously thinking about keeping the nv4500, when I do the engine swap, but we'll see. I drive like such a dick, when I have a manual transmission. lol Much more aggressive, than with an automatic.

I appreciate the interest. Helps keep me motivated.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still riding around on the 5.7. I bought some liquid rear main sealer, and seems to have helped. Aside from the leak, it runs decent, so been leaning toward doing some cosmetic upgrades, before the engine swap.

I wish I could do more frequent updates, but I'm juggling all kinds of stuff right now.

I'm seriously thinking about keeping the nv4500, when I do the engine swap, but we'll see. I drive like such a dick, when I have a manual transmission. lol Much more aggressive, than with an automatic.

I appreciate the interest. Helps keep me motivated.
This truck truly is one of my favorites. I want a dually even though i have no need lol.