96 C3500 RCLB aka Stumpy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
So the guy I sold the truck too, put it up for sale the same day. I think he planned that all along, trying to make a few bucks. He paid me too much for that to happen, I believe. People I talked to, were really turned off by the nearly 300k miles it has on it. I started out asking $6500, and sold at $5000. I think that's about all it's going to bring, unless somebody really wants it.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the guy I sold the truck too, put it up for sale the same day. I think he planned that all along, trying to make a few bucks. He paid me too much for that to happen, I believe. People I talked to, were really turned off by the nearly 300k miles it has on it. I started out asking $6500, and sold at $5000. I think that's about all it's going to bring, unless somebody really wants it.

I remember when the word Flipper only referred to the star of a mid-60s TV show.

Hope this guy isn't too clever for his own good. But at the same time given what's
starting to leak out about the newest trucks and their EV woes, maybe he's got the
inside scoop on classic GMT400 desireability vs the machines on the dealership
parking lots?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When I sold the gray '95 3500HD the guy immediately went to flip it. I noticed his ad had taken some liberties with the truth. Some of them seem to be unburdened by facts, so they can attempt to make a few bucks while disclaiming knowledge of any issues, since they've only owned/driven the vehicle for less time than it took for the ink on the bill of sale to dry.

Richard

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
When I sold the gray '95 3500HD the guy immediately went to flip it. I noticed his ad had taken some liberties with the truth. Some of them seem to be unburdened by facts, so they can attempt to make a few bucks while disclaiming knowledge of any issues, since they've only owned/driven the vehicle for less time than it took for the ink on the bill of sale to dry.

Richard
I don't think this guy is as smart as he thinks he is. Regardless, I think I got a good number for it, so more power to him. A little part of me hopes he gets burned though. lol

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That stinks for sure, but if you're happy with what you got then I wouldn't dwell on it to much. There are alot of those flipper guys up this way an they always seem to sell them, but sometimes it takes a while an they usually go out of state.