My 93 c1500 aka “quitchurbitchen”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Budsjlm

Reaction score
This is my 93 2wd 4.3 5speed no frills, manual everything no a/c she’s a beater at heart

I picked up about a year ago. picked it up when gas prices started to skyrocket and driving my 03 max was gunna break me

It was an absolute PILE. Neede a clutch, interior was questionable, brakes were shot pretty sure it was a farm truck at one point, then. A teens truck, there is a lot of questionable things I have reversed.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is where it got its name from.

In the shop at work when I put the master and slave into it, no change put a clutch in it and realized the pushrod missed the fork and was hitting the case ‍♂️ bought and paid for so I tossed the clutch in anyways

Set of junkyard wheels and scraped off the purple double layer tint

No frills 4.3 that at some point someone loved it had to have been out at some point paints some interesting color combinations with a yellow pan red valve covers

The very questionable random Lincoln back rear just kind shoved on the frame, it was trash

Last edited:

Budsjlm

Reaction score

Snagged up a set of 99 hoe seats center console off fb market place and my god did that make a differance

Tinted her because the fishbowl was alittle much!

Cheap o exhaust new y pipe, some pipe a cherry bomb and a 90 out in front of the tire since the aftermarket exhaust that was on it was so rusted out I might as well been running open manifolds and I don’t hate the way it sounds now

Last edited:

Budsjlm

Reaction score
Back in November I was f’in around leaving work powershift 1-2 mid burnout and hear a CRUNCH!

Well lost all shifting capabilities ended up trying to drive it home in second got ballsy at a stop light and tried to find another gear…. That was a mistake

Ripped the shifter off and ended up getting it into 3rd and made it home, shoved it in my garage and started looking for a trans

Let me tell ya finding a decent nv3500 that’s right for this thing was a pain! After buying and then selling a s10 one not knowing any better I decided to tear it apart

Didn’t have a big enough Allen but hey a bolt works for the drain!

Yeah not smart sometimes

Yes that is a handicap sign used to patch the floor where someone decided cutting the floor was a better idea than pulling the shifter

After spending a bunch of time researching if I could even get parts for the trans I pulled the bellhousing off.

Found the problem snapped the shift finger, centering parts were toast when I bought the things

Ordered a number of parts, finally got the trans back together last night, been struggling to find the motivation and not gunna lie the warmth in the garage, probably better off driving my d max this won’t anyways with how much snow we got

Parts waiting to get put in as well are
1-2in drop shackles for the rear, tach, I have a bunch of random little things I want to do

Budsjlm

Reaction score
Well....that's one heck of a project you have there. Thanks for keeping another one on the road.... eventually!!! Lol
That's the best thing about these rigs, they take a beating and keep coming back to life.
Yeah may have bitten off alittle more than I initially planned for!

Figuring out the shifter assembly once that’s ordered and here it’ll be back on the road for now

couple year plan 4/6 drop and tossing a budget 350 I’ve been slowly building in it but that’s may be put off looking for a car for my kid to race since he has outgrown his jr

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Life happens when making plans.....had mine since 1995, and it still hasn't been lowered or aftermarket wheels. But may be selling my Harley to finance the trucks refresh this year.
Just remember, any progress is progress, no matter how small. There is a TON of helpful people on this site, just have to ask. But beware....they can spend your money quickly!!!

Budsjlm

Reaction score
With some help of a few threads here I ordered a shift tower from cobra transmissions. Looks significantly different but here goes nothing!

This should show ya why I needed one and the quality of work previous owners did

Got the trans in this evening, should be back together tomorrow or Friday, sons race car might be sold Saturday so need the room to get that and associated stuff out

Couple of bolts, hook up the electrical stuff, driveshaft, dump fluid and finially gettin this b back on the road