95C1500's 1995 Silverado "Build" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
March 22, 2020
Mileage: 162,002

I've been working on a project for school 5-10 hours a day for the last week or so. Finally got it completed so I was able to spend some time on the truck today.

Managed to get the compressor and accumulator installed and all lines connected. All o rings are oiled and all connections are tight. I pulled a vacuum on the system for 2 hours this evening and am currently 3 1/2 hours in to seeing if it'll hold a vacuum for 24 hours. I was planning to take it to the local dealership (with compressor unplugged) tomorrow evening to get the system oiled and charged but thanks to Corona (the virus, not the beer), that probably won't be happening.

You must be registered for see images attach

This little ******* was the biggest pain in the ass of this whole project so far. I basically ripped the boot apart to get it back through the firewall

Also got my new corners hacked up for the 4 corner mod (this is probably the 6th set I've done for this truck). Worth it though. Old ones were busted and leaking.

Seems like a huge step but I've got a long way to go to get this interior done.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I didnt realize you made a new thread lol. Looks good and glad I found it too

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I didnt realize you made a new thread lol. Looks good and glad I found it too
Glad you made it too! The old thread was my highschool days where I was concerned with it looking cool. Maintenance was ignored (besides oil changes). I figured the new attitude towards the truck deserved a new, uncluttered thread. Rear discs and paint this year hopefully. I'd like to install seats out of a newer truck at some point too.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I say first to mechanically sound and then make it look good lol. I highly recommend NBS seats if you go that route

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I say first to mechanically sound and then make it look good lol. I highly recommend NBS seats if you go that route
Yeah, I wish I had that mindset when I got this truck. It would be in much better shape.

I'll keep those in mind. My girlfriend's 03 1500 has leather seats that are extremely uncomfortable. My friend on the other hand has an 03 2500 with cloth seats that are extremely comfortable. I don't know what the difference is there.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The seats changed styles in 03 I believe, I recommend the newer ones. You can tell in the foam pattern, the top of the bottom seat is in multiple pieces on the solid color where the newer ones are one piece along the side.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My girlfriend's 03 1500 has leather seats that are extremely uncomfortable. My friend on the other hand has an 03 2500 with cloth seats that are extremely comfortable. I don't know what the difference is there.

My '06 Silverado W/T has the most comfortable seats I have ever had. They are vinyl on the sides, but cloth in the areas that you touch. Was convinced that I was going to replace them until I sat in them. They are keepers.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
The gauges and vacuum pump were hooked up for 3(?) days. The gauge showed a slightly lower reading than when I left it (1 tick lower), but after tapping the gauge it rose back up so, I think the gauges are a just old and it’s holding vacuum fine. Put it all back together minus the interior. I need to recover the headliner, order some new clips for a couple panels, plastic weld some mounting tabs back on the rear panels, and finish sound deadening.

Finished my box of kilmat. Got 2/3 of the floor done and the back wall of the cab. Need to order another to finish the floor, roof, and doors.

Was going to get the system charged yesterday and order another box of kilmat but my battery **** the bed. 5 years issue free, left unhooked for two weeks, and it’s dkne. I’ll replace the battery and get the system charged and hopefully the ac is finally, permanently fixed.