95C1500's 1995 Silverado "Build" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Not much new.

Mileage: 159,400
December 29, 2019
Driver door handle snapped trying to figure out why I had to yank the handle and throw myself into the door to open it. Turns out it was the door handle itself.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mileage: 159,441
January 3, 2019

Balanced all four tires at work. 10oz out between them. No wonder it shook on the freeway. Drives like a new truck.

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Mileage:
January 17, 2020

I discovered my chmsl stopped working a few months ago. It won't pass inspection without it so I finally decided to try to fix it. Whipped out the dmm and both the truck wiring and the light itself tested good. Pulled several from the local junkyard and nothing. I've wanted LEDs in the light for a while now and figured out, through my research on the forum, that those lights don't like LED bulbs for some reason. I didn't really look but apparently, no one makes a factory looking aftermarket light so, I decided to make my own. I actually used an LED bed light kit from walmart. I have about $20 in this project.

Now, I won't lie, this looked 10x better in my head. I'm not going to pretend this is some beautiful piece of backyard engineering. It's not. It looks good from the outside but the lens hides all the ugly. 95C1500 and a dremel don't go well together.

I cut most of the plastic out of the factory base. Some parts were so thin and brittle that they broke off (see bottom right). The hardware I bought ended up not letting the base sit flush against the cab so the lights are held in with zipties until further notice. The wiring is connected with regular male and female connectors. I had planned on getting a weather proof connector but no one seemed to have one in stock. The wiring on the light wouldn't let the base sit completely flush either but some fanagling with zip ties got it to the point it's "good enough". The lens didn't fit the seal as good as it did before I got a hold of it so there is a decent chance it will leak. I hope not, but I'll know for sure over the next couple days.

The bottom line is, it works. I also wired it so I could flip the cargo light on anytime I want with the switch on the dash. None of that, having to have the interior lights on bs. **My wiring diagram in the background of one of the pictures is wrong**

All in all, I don't hate it.

Bed lights are wired to a separate switch in the bed. Used the exact same kit as the bed for the chmsl though.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
It leaks lol. There’s a decent gap all across the top. I broke one of the mounting tabs on my own light and grabbed another from the junkyard. Wonder if it’s not for an extended cab

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
February 8, 2020
Mileage: 160,770

Rotated the tires. Changed the oil. Needs a bath too.

Next rotation/oil change at 166,000 miles.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
This is awesome, I hadn’t been on here recently until today, so I didn’t realize you started a new thread on your truck.

Man I’m really wanting another GMT400, I’m having withdrawals lol
Yeah, it was time for a fresh start. Get another and get back on the forum!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
So I've started an AC/interior project.

As for the AC, here's what I have in my cart.

AC Delco Compressor
AC Delco Condenser
Four Seasons Evap Core
AC Delco Acc
AC Delco Orifice Tube
AC Delco Blower Motor
AC Delco BM Resistor
AC Delco 16oz 150 PAG oil
AC Delco Seal Kit
AC Delco Fresh air actuator

GM Air Distributor ?upper Case
Foam tape to seal the box
AC Delco Defrost Door
GM AC and Defrost Linkages

I'm going to borrow a neighbor's vacuum pump to pull vacuum and leave it for 24 hours after replacing everything. Then driving to a shop and having them charge the AC.

Before I order, can anyone think of anything I'm missing in my parts list? Besides lines, my goal is to replace every component of the AC system (AC hasn't worked in 5 years).

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
March 9, 2020
Mileage: 162,002 (maybe?)

*Pic heavy*

AC Overhaul! I haven't had AC in this truck for probably 5 years now. I can't do another Texas summer without it. So, here I am.

Being me, I believe in doing it right or doing it twice. And I never want to do this again. I basically ordered every part in the system.

GM Air Distributer (GM 52467204) $66.68 from Amazon

GM A/C Control Lever (GM 52487131) $26.99 from Amazon

ACDelco Orifice Tube (ACD 15-5378) $5.18 from Amazon

ACDelco Blower Motor with Wheel (ACD 15-80213) from Amazon

ACDelco Compressor (ACD 15-20189) $233.07 + 3 year warranty ($43.40) from Amazon

ACDelco Condenser (ACD 15-63252) $158.98 from Amazon

ACDelco PAG Oil 16oz (ACD 15-118) $16.57 from Amazon

ACDelco Defroster Valve (ACD 15-50552) $22.79 from Amazon

Four Seasons ORing Kit (FS 26738) $10.45 from Amazon

Four Seasons Cap and Valve Kit (FS 26775) $9.67 from Amazon

ACDelco Accumulator (ACD 15-1613) $25.47 from Amazon

Four Seasons Evap Core (FS 54598) $55.89 from Amazon

ACDelco AC Control Valve (ACD 15-5737) from Amazon

ACDelco Blower Motor Resistor (ACD 15-8788) $13.49 from Amazon

GM Defroster Valve Link (GM 52487132) $28.18 from Amazon

ACDelco Fresh Air Actuator (ACD 15-72106) $48.56 from Amazon

ACDelco Mode and Temp Actuator (ACD 15-73627) $51.99 from Summit

Dorman Mode and Temp Actuator (Dor 604-107) $41.49 from Autozone

ACDelco Liquid Ref Hose (ACD 15-33170) $23.99 from Summit

ACDelco Manifold Hose (ACD 15-30281) $112.99 from Summit

Total (So Far) is $1267.60 which is $3232.40 less than a local shop quoted me for a compressor, condenser, accumulator, and ac recharge. $60 for a shop to charge the system and $15 (?) for foam tape to replace the seals in the hvac box.

Here's what's come in so far. Still waiting for the condenser and the air distribution box. Picking up the lines and actuators tomorrow.

Started out with removing the interior (another project) and swinging the dash forward. Took me a solid 2 hours yesterday just for the dash. Haven't attempted to remove the hvac box yet. I think it'll be a chore.

Only had a couple hours to work on it today before work so I was only able to remove the compressor, accumulator, and managed to get the condenser 99% out. A few years back, my dad and I made some brackets to mount lights behind the grille. Fast forward to now, we are paying for that. The brackets are welded to the core support so we can remove the hood latch bracket to get the condenser out. So, I'll cut those out tomorrow and get the condenser out. They're a pita now, but my dad and I spent quality time together making them so I'm not kicking myself.

and this is how the truck currently sits. It looks like the trucks I pull parts from at the junkyard, minus the moldy headliners, busted windows, and dirt.

Tomorrows plans include pulling the condenser, hvac box (tearing it down and cleaning/replacing parts), and possibly getting the box back in the truck. I think that's a stretch, but we'll see how far I get. I need to spray some degreaser on the compressor mount as well. I had a sqeuak that I thought was from the compressor years ago so I coated it in fluid film :banghead: Highschool Scott was a jackass.

Last edited: