95C1500's 1995 Silverado "Build" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
X2, that sucks, glad you’re ok.
Hopefully it looks worst than it is.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. Hope it’s nothing too deep repair-wise. DFW black ice ain’t no joke. I made it half a block in the ‘90 before I noped out and went back home.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I've got more updates to make from the last few months but this one is the biggest. Hit a patch of ice just under the surface of what looked like snow coming home from work on Thursday. I wasn't speeding. I hit the brake to slow down for the curve and actually started slowing down. Part way through the curve everything locked up, ABS kicked on, and I slid straight into the tree down in the ditch. No airbag deployment, no cuts, bruises, soreness, nothing happened to me.

I'm waiting for it to warm up next week before I start digging in to see all the damage. On the surface, it looks like I'll be buying a new hood, fender, inner fender, bumper, air dam, bumper filler, headlights, park lamps, corner lamps, and a core support. Things like front end rebuild, alignment, and ac recharge are on that list as well. Might as well get it painted since the front half will probably wind up white or something. Fingers crossed there's no frame damage which is up in the air at the moment. I'm hopeful but I'm also realistic. It is what it is, I'll rebuild it, but it makes me sick to look at my truck in this condition. The pictures make it look like a minor fender bender that'll buff out but it's decently ****** lol.

Anyway, enjoy the "carnage".

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouch! Reminds me of when my first 99 Burb got waxed. Glad you are okay though! That's the most important thing. Trucks can be fixed lots easier than people!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That definitely sucks, man! Hopefully the only damage is some sheet metal and didn't get into the frame at all. We look forward to you getting her back on the road!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Damn man that sucks badly, I’m glad you’re ok though
My pride is bruised but I'm all good. Frustrated but good.
X2, that sucks, glad you’re ok.
Hopefully it looks worst than it is.
I think it looks worse in person but pictures never really do anything justice lol. I'm going to start tearing into this week so Ill find out for sure.
Damn that sucks. Hope it’s nothing too deep repair-wise. DFW black ice ain’t no joke. I made it half a block in the ‘90 before I noped out and went back home.
The dumb thing is, I drove to and from work every day last week. I drove around for the fun of it. Got the truck sideways taking off from every stop light (open diff 2wd lol). Did snownuts in an empty parking lot. No issues. The thing that got me was black ice in a curve at low speed. Such bs.
Dammmnn dude, this sucks. Been following this build since you first started it. Hope you rebuild it!
It's 100% getting rebuilt
Ouch! Reminds me of when my first 99 Burb got waxed. Glad you are okay though! That's the most important thing. Trucks can be fixed lots easier than people!
Thanks. In a way, I'd rather it have been me... is that weird? Nah.
That definitely sucks, man! Hopefully the only damage is some sheet metal and didn't get into the frame at all. We look forward to you getting her back on the road!
The core support is pushed back so that worries me a little. Other than that, I'm thinking the frame will be straight... hopefully. I'll start digging into it this week.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So sorry man, I understand the frustration. That sucks. :(

Like everyone else said though, at least you're OK. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad once you dig into it. Wish you the best of luck getting it sorted out.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what's the story? Where you taking your truck to the body shop or something? You said it still drove, right? I just found this build thread...will doing some reading on my off time! :banana-mario:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
So sorry man, I understand the frustration. That sucks. :(

Like everyone else said though, at least you're OK. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad once you dig into it. Wish you the best of luck getting it sorted out.

Yikes, just saw this on the other thread! Hopefully all is good...

Frame is slightly tweaked forward of the suspension. The core support mount on the passenger side is bent toward the firewall and the frame is tweaked right at the front of the airbag sensor mount... just barely. The frame shop suggested I take it to get the alignment checked first. That would tell me for sure if there was further frame damage. He then suggested I save my money and pull it back myself with a come-a-long and a hammer, heat if necessary. So that instilled a little confidence in me. Alignment came back good. The only issue was the toe on the passenger side is off by one-hundredth of a degree.

Moving forward, I need to pull the frame back and get a new core support. Not sure if I should mess with a used one or if the new ones I see for sale are any good. Any input?