88-98 4x4 lower control arm compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are those the AWD version of the Astro control arms?

Dokken10

Reaction score
Sorry, missed that in your first post. This is interesting to see. I wonder how others have gotten it to work.
No problem, I did update my 1st post after you asked.

They will bolt in. The bushing spacing is the same.

The no go to me is the balljoint will be outboard at least a 1/2" than the original LCA. This will cause a negative camber which IMO the UCA caster camber bolts won't correct. I doubt you can get it into specs.

Dokken10

Reaction score
Maybe they will work but people are saying they're exactly the same except the 4 threaded bolt holes. I found that to be incorrect.

I'm just letting people know what I found and aren't surprised like I was.

I'm returning them and going back to plan A of rebuilding the original LCA. I was hoping to save some money and time by getting new LCAs. The previous owner bent and cracked the shock mounts from installing the wrong shocks or not using the supplied sleeve. He also installed 3" lift keys, replaced 1 upper balljoint, Never had it aligned etc. "Roadkill" mechanic. lol

Dokken10

Reaction score
I'm going to temp install both LCAs this weekend and drop a plumb bob, camber tool etc to get measurements before I give up on the Astro LCAs. I can't get good measurements on the bench. Well the important measurements.

The few people who have actually used these haven't posted how the alignment went.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to temp install both LCAs this weekend and drop a plumb bob, camber tool etc to get measurements before I give up on the Astro LCAs. I can't get good measurements on the bench. Well the important measurements.

The few people who have actually used these haven't posted how the alignment went.
And then return them? Were they listed for correct fitment for your truck? If not, I’d be worried they wouldn’t accept return on them after installation.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to temp install both LCAs this weekend and drop a plumb bob, camber tool etc to get measurements before I give up on the Astro LCAs.
I like this. I can imagine a situation where another ~degree of negative camber would be ideal.

But maybe those arms provide more than what would be acceptable.

And then return them? Were they listed for correct fitment for your truck? If not, I’d be worried they wouldn’t accept return on them after installation.
Very true. You try 'em, you buy 'em. That does give you an excuse to buy an Astro AWD, though. So it's not all bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.