88-98 4x4 lower control arm compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horror stories when people do the cheap lifts or mods to trucks that the ball joint is not designed for. Anyways I'm 57 and have had many trucks and cars and have had zero problems with Moog balljoints. Thanks anyways but I'll stick with that track record.
Your welcome. You have no real evidence of only failure’s with lifts. Btw- I’m 62, owned quite a few myself.

Dokken10

Reaction score
It’s 2023, your talking about Moog, GM and Acdelco of a time long past. Before I bought the TTX, I bought Acdelco ball joints(still in boxes in basement) and they couldn’t compare with TTX side by side comparison, felt loose. I also used TTX tie rods.
Moog vs. TTX
You must be registered for see images attach
are you racing, jumping, rock climbing that you need beef? If so, you need a solid axle truck.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
For people with only one wrench or socket. Maybe its because they don't last and you have to change them a lot or pit crews.
Maybe, maybe not. When/if the napa uppers in my k2500 suburban wear out (came in loaded arms), I'll likely throw in the ttx and give them a try myself. Lowers are ttx currently. With any luck, it'll be a long time from now.

GMC_YA_L8R

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moog, GM and ACDelco are know to last over 100k. But not if you crank up the torsion bars or just install 3" keys. You know the cheap lift that wears out ball joints quickly. Can anyone say that about Mevotech?
Almost 30k miles on a full Mevotech Supreme front end rebuild on my 2500HD Duramax and everything is still 100%. However, I am pretty religious about greasing every fitting on the truck when I do oil changes so I can't speak to how well their parts stand up to being neglected and/or abused. Mevotech is good stuff for the price point and their TTX series is good enough that other companies buy it, rebrand it and put lifetime warranties on it and the aftermarket community raves about how great those rebranded Mevotech parts are.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wigged out? Did I not say my opinion no offense?
Yup, you did. Then in post #62, I gave my opinion and gave a sincere “no offense”. It could have and SHOULD have ended right there. But you couldn’t…

Dokken10

Reaction score
This is just like the old Chevy versus Ford debate. Just buy what you like and I'll buy what I like!!

End of story.

Dokken10

Reaction score
Almost 30k miles on a full Mevotech Supreme front end rebuild on my 2500HD Duramax and everything is still 100%. However, I am pretty religious about greasing every fitting on the truck when I do oil changes so I can't speak to how well their parts stand up to being neglected and/or abused. Mevotech is good stuff for the price point and their TTX series is good enough that other companies buy it, rebrand it and put lifetime warranties on it and the aftermarket community raves about how great those rebranded Mevotech parts are.
I just looked at all the different brands of balljoints listed on Rockauto. There is a lot. Please point out these companies/rebranded that Mevotech makes for them? I'm not seeing anything that looks like the TTX series.
I see some that might be Mevotech lower end series.
It is common practice to hire a company like Mevotech to build a part to different specs (usually lower) than Mevotech puts their name on. Tires and batteries are perfect examples of this rebranding practices.

Dokken10

Reaction score
From Mevotech's website. The warranty is not worth anything if you install them yourself. Ive read many reviews and found mixed reviews just like Moog. The TTX line seems to be relatively new so no high mile reviews. A patented new design. Easier install that might save me 2 minutes per side. I'm not willing to pay the extra for the TTX line. The supreme line doesn't look to be any better than other quality brands. Creative marketing and hype. My truck will see some light off-roading I don't need heavy duty "beefy" looking ball joints, tie ends etc.

Warranty Claim Procedures
Limited Warranty claims must be submitted through the Retailer from whom the Product was purchased with a valid Proof of Purchase including the installation invoice. In the case of questions, you may contact Mevotech at 1-866 883-7075.

Status
Not open for further replies.