88-98 4x4 lower control arm compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokken10

Reaction score
What year trucks did you install the Astro LCA in?

Did you have to do any grinding? I'm asking because I saw another thread that he had to grind the arm and the knuckle but I believe it was a 96-99.

Dokken10

Reaction score
IF I kept those LCA’s(to me they don’t look as beefy as the original’s), I would use a different ball joint anyway.
I agree about the beefy as original but details about using a different balljoint.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about the beefy as original but details about using a different balljoint.
Yes, I know this picture is an upper ball joint, but I used them as well as the lower TTX ball joints. Talk about beefy!
You must be registered for see images attach

Dokken10

Reaction score
Yes, I know this picture is an upper ball joint, but I used them as well as the lower TTX ball joints. Talk about beefy!
I kinda knew you were going to say Mevotech. I'm not sold on Mevotech being better than Moog especially long term. Maybe if I planned on jumping the truck but that bolt bracket is nothing but eye candy. I have never seen a CA break there or ever heard of one breaking unless it was jumped or hit hard. The inside of the balljoint is what I'm concerned with. Just my opinion no offense.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda knew you were going to say Mevotech. I'm not sold on Mevotech being better than Moog especially long term. Maybe if I planned on jumping the truck but that bolt bracket is nothing but eye candy. I have never seen a CA break there or ever heard of one breaking unless it was jumped or hit hard. The inside of the balljoint is what I'm concerned with. Just my opinion no offense.
Not offended. I’m satisfied, close to 2 years on them and everything as tight as the day it was installed. I’ve read plenty of horror stories about Moog lately lasting less than that. No offense!

Dokken10

Reaction score
IF I kept those LCA’s(to me they don’t look as beefy as the original’s), I would use a different ball joint anyway.
Moog, GM and ACDelco are know to last over 100k. But not if you crank up the torsion bars or just install 3" keys. You know the cheap lift that wears out ball joints quickly. Can anyone say that about Mevotech?

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Moog, GM and ACDelco are know to last over 100k. But not if you crank up the torsion bars or just install 3" keys. You know the cheap lift that wears out ball joints quickly. Can anyone say that about Mevotech?
I've had good and bad results from moog. Lower bjs in my wifes old 99 dakota 4wd lasted over 70k before I sold it. Went through two sets of uppers in my old 99 k1500 with completely stock setup on it over the course of about 100k. Greased almost every oil change.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moog, GM and ACDelco are know to last over 100k.
It’s 2023, your talking about Moog, GM and Acdelco of a time long past. Before I bought the TTX, I bought Acdelco ball joints(still in boxes in basement) and they couldn’t compare with TTX side by side comparison, felt loose. I also used TTX tie rods.
Moog vs. TTX

Last edited:

Dokken10

Reaction score
Horror stories when people do the cheap lifts or mods to trucks that the ball joint is not designed for. Anyways I'm 57 and have had many trucks and cars and have had zero problems with Moog balljoints. Thanks anyways but I'll stick with that track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.