1996 K1500 Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isd503

Reaction score
Are there any new lower control arms still being manufactured for these trucks? Lots of stuff available for the 2WD, but nothing for a 4WD.

If not, can I substitute some other lower control arms that are still being manufactured and would fit my 4WD truck?

Lastly, any good ideas on where to obtain used ones? Would be looking for a salvage yard that might contain several older trucks that have not been involved in an accident.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
They're not a wear part. You replace the bushings and/or ball joints. If they're getting rusty you can sandblast and paint them. If you need a new arm because of damage, the best way to find one online is to do a ebay search by part number. Do a search here on the forum for the part numbers. A local yard would also be a good idea.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any new lower control arms still being manufactured for these trucks? Lots of stuff available for the 2WD, but nothing for a 4WD.

If not, can I substitute some other lower control arms that are still being manufactured and would fit my 4WD truck?

Lastly, any good ideas on where to obtain used ones? Would be looking for a salvage yard that might contain several older trucks that have not been involved in an accident.
if you have to replace them, try searching for a set of forged at the junkyards. they usually came on the 2500 and 3500 hd i think. they will fit, just use a different ball joint