Stamped Lower Control Arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marauder

Reaction score
Alright everyone, I got a question for you…
I have a ‘94 GMC k2500 Suburban HD 8-lug with stamped LCA’s which nobody seems to manufacture . I was wondering if replacements are ever needed, can the lower control arms from the All Wheel Drive Safari work?
If not , which vehicle has LCA that can interchange with the suburban?

thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless they are damaged or rotted out, they are a serviceable part. There’s been some threads on LCA’s for Astro’s being used on 6 lug applications, but now it seems many are having to grind off areas to make them work. If yours are good, just replace bushings(if needed) and reuse.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 4wd control arms from a 8lug truck are the same

tylerlesjak

Reaction score
Unless they are damaged or rotted out, they are a serviceable part. There’s been some threads on LCA’s for Astro’s being used on 6 lug applications, but now it seems many are having to grind off areas to make them work. If yours are good, just replace bushings(if needed) and reuse.
They are from the 80s and 90s and lots of them are most definitely not serviceable anymore. Thats why we put the astro van arms on because the bore the ball joint is pressed into loses its interferance fit and BJs fall out. Not fun lol. You need to grind a little bit off the control arm ends not a big deal whatsoever but i have never done an 8 lug truck yet

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4wd control arms from a 8lug truck are the same
Are you saying 8 lug HD control arms are the same as 6 lug 2500 LD and K1500’s? I thought they were different.
Uppers are 8600lb.-HD and 7200lb. LD
I can’t imagine lowers would be the same.

Last edited:

Marauder

Reaction score
My LCA’s are the riveted type ball joints (just like in the picture). Last year I rebuilt my LCA’a with polyethylene bushings and new bolt on ball joints, but thought to myself that it was weird that I was able to get new UCA’s , new CV, hubs, brake rotors, calipers, everything from the front differential outward to the lug nuts…. But no lower control arms. I am lucky enough that my LCA are serviceable but if something were to happen to them (knock on wood) I would be screwed, you know?

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but thought to myself that it was weird that I was able to get new UCA’s , new CV, hubs, brake rotors, calipers, everything from the front differential outward to the lug nuts…. But no lower control arms.
That’s the world we all live in.

If your lower control arms are the HD, I think they are these:

There are LCA’s for 1/2 and 3/4 ton(LD). If yours is HD, I don’t think you can swap in this one:

Marauder

Reaction score
That’s the world we all live in.

If your lower control arms are the HD, I think they are these:

There are LCA’s for 1/2 and 3/4 ton(LD). If yours is HD, I don’t think you can swap in this one:
Aren’t those the forged lowers? I thought that I read somewhere that they are narrower than the ones I have? Thought someone had said that they have a tighter turning radius?

Either way, is anyone making the forged LCA’s ?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I can’t confirm if the 7200lb. are different for 8600lb LCA’s. Uppers definitely seem to be, but maybe lowers the same. IDK! Are yours beyond repair?
Other than that, try something like this:

Or try the Safari/Astro LCA’s.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you saying 8 lug HD control arms are the same as 6 lug 2500 LD and K1500’s? I thought they were different.
Uppers are 8600lb.-HD and 7200lb. LD
I can’t imagine lowers would be the same.
No he stated his truck was an 8 lug