88-94 vs. 95-98 Interior Debate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Btw- we don’t have Whataburgers up here. We do however have packy’s! :drunk:
Packy's as in "package stores"? Cause we have drive thru ones of those (thanks to emigration from New Orleans in 2005 and since). Also, you can buy hard liquor pretty much anywhere in Louisiana, and on Sunday... even a Walmart or a truck stop gas station!

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Packy's as in "package stores"? Cause we have drive thru ones of those (thanks to emigration from New Orleans in 2005 and since). Also, you can buy hard liquor pretty much anywhere in Louisiana, and on Sunday... even a Walmart or a truck stop gas station!
In IL you can buy it any day of the week. Some cities have ordinances where you can’t buy it before noon on Sundays.

As for the topic at hand, I like the 88-94 interior with the 92+ seats with headrests. The bucket seats look/feel much better.

I do like the dash in my ‘95. Cup holders are useless. I’ll swap in a GMT800 console at some point.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a local nickname. Years back, even working in NY State, asking where was the closest “packy”, was confusing to the locals. They always shot back “ you mean the liquor store”?

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Seems to be a local nickname. Years back, even working in NY State, asking where was the closest “packy”, was confusing to the locals. They always shot back “ you mean the liquor store”?
First time I heard/read it was in things from California. Back in the day there, they were called "ABC package stores" for the alcoholic beverage control bureau.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, I think the local term was "the ABC"

North Carolina has ABC stores as well. Figured that out the first time I visited many years ago. You can buy beer at grocery stores and gas stations, but anything stronger and you need to go to an ABC.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Massachusetts, and certain parts of states bordering Massachusetts, are the only areas of the country where people still prefer to make "packie runs."
This article seems to explain the origins of “packies”.:drunk:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 95+ looks like generic awful GM. I most likely wouldn't have stuck with this truck if it had that dash layout honestly. Plus the older steering wheel is one of the best looking factory wheels I've seen.