88-94 vs. 95-98 Interior Debate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hot_rod4

Reaction score
Oh you do? That's really cool. I've seen 4 in person since I learned about them, definitely not a common package. Is yours a Chevy or GMC? It's interesting because there's no mention of the package on anything other than the Chevrolet order guide. The sales brochures don't mention it, the press kit doesn't mention it, and it was a rare one year option, so barely anyone knows about them. I believe a leather steering wheel, overhead console, autodimming mirror, and the slide out dash cupholders were all part of the package as well. I already have the leather wheel, autodimming mirror from a GMT800, and the overhead console in my truck, I'd also like to find a set of those leather seats and put them in one day.
My is a Chevrolet and has all those options you have listed. I will have to check the glove box and see if the ZM2 RPO code is listed.
Truck or Suburban? Only the burbs got the leather in that year. Every other 400 got vinyl.
You will never find covers for them.
'Pleather' is a marketing term for vinyl.
Mine is a truck. Hopefully one day I will have them recovered locally with an actual leather that closely matches. I have a laundry list of stuff that will one day happen..

I might have missed others that asked questions forgive me if I missed them. I may try and get a build thread going and get some pics up one of these days, can' t really call it a build when all I have done is maintenance so far:smile:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I don't have much experience with the early style interiors/trucks, because it's been several years since my cousin had his. But I have grown to like the 95 up style since I use it on a daily basis (99 Burb). The dash and console cup holders are okay, you just have to know what cups to use in them, and don't have one in the pull out one that's too large or too heavy. The stepped 32/44 ounce styrofoam cups like Whataburger and most of the quicky marts use do well( see picture).

Attachments

• IMG_20220708_065550.jpg
    IMG_20220708_065550.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 13

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
True that....but wouldn't life be boring if we only had one version of anything? I don't want to eat Whataburger every day.....and definitely not most other fast food!

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
These seat bases were not covered with good material! Both of our 99 Burbs had issues on the front seats, and the second row hardly looks like it's been used. Now the top of the seat back on my current Burb,is getting gnarly like the seat bases, because when I ride back there I have my arm up on the back of the seat( center armrest doesn't get used much cause there's always stuff on the seat in front of it!). Houston humidity and acidic sweat are not good for these " leather" seats.....
Our 97 Tahoe is terrible.