87 cavalier wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
I’m about to trade off my 90 Nissan Maxima for my buddies cavalier wagon. Only has 140k miles and the underside is spotless. It doesn’t run right now,we think it’s timing related because we redid the belt about a year ago and He never put it in TDC Lol
But anyway,not sure what the plans are yet.. can’t decide between a compact derby build,slam it and camber it,or just go balls out and make it rwd with a 4.3 and a 5spd and make a dope drift wagon. I never see these old things anymore so even a restoration is possible. Any opinions or ideas?

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I love fast station wagons! Stings a little extra getting spanked by a wagon! If you had tv show worthy skills and or $$$, I'd say get a front wheel drive 5.3 Chevrolet police car and do a mid engine rear wheel drive conversion.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The car? I had a Chevy Cavalier 2004 for the winter F- here, until I got my JK. Great car with the 5sp manual, Zoom Zoom. The automatics were dogs.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m about to trade off my 90 Nissan Maxima

Just out of curiosity, it's not an SE with the 5 speed is it? I had a '90 and a '93 and they were really fun cars but both automatics. I still look around occasionally trying to find a 5 speed SE but I never see them.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, it's not an SE with the 5 speed is it? I had a '90 and a '93 and they were really fun cars but both automatics. I still look around occasionally trying to find a 5 speed SE but I never see them.
Matter of fact it IS an SE with the 5spd. Wanted to put vg33 heads on it and big cams and make a screamer daily but I can’t find vg33 heads anywhere near me that aren’t attached to a villager still lol

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
I love fast station wagons! Stings a little extra getting spanked by a wagon! If you had tv show worthy skills and or $$$, I'd say get a front wheel drive 5.3 Chevrolet police car and do a mid engine rear wheel drive conversion.
That idea is actually getting tossed around lol I seen an mx3 on hoonigan with two klde probe engines and it got me thinking mayyyyybe I can get away with two 5.3s...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Matter of fact it IS an SE with the 5spd. Wanted to put vg33 heads on it and big cams and make a screamer daily but I can’t find vg33 heads anywhere near me that aren’t attached to a villager still lol

Hope your buddy gives it a good home, those are really cool cars! The VG30Es are bulletproof. My '90 GXE had over 350K miles on it when I totaled it and it still ran great. (Most of the time, unless it was raining and something electrical was unhappy with me) It was my first car, I still miss it sometimes.

I think I went through something like five RE4F02A automatic transmissions before I finally got rid of my second GXE and accepted the fact that the 5 speed SE was the only model worth owning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers