Really weird misfire issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t have misfire counts, I never pulled the trigger and bought the tech 2 tool.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok as stated, I saw no frayed wires. Replaced fuse with a 20 amp, didn’t blow.

Still p0300 code.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled a few plugs, seems there is spark, and there is gas. Drives ok, doesn’t stall, isn’t hard to start. But I feel the miss and the code is there.

This tool sufficient for reading misfires? Or anyone have good luck with something I can get quickly(like amazon quick)?

INNOVA 3040RS, OBD2 Scanner, Live Data Streamer, Battery/Alt Tester, Reset Check Engine Light/Brake Light/Oil Light, Free Mechanic Recommended Fix & Parts & Est Repair Cost, Lifetime Free Update https://a.co/d/56cZH3c

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Had this happen to folks escalade and my 96. My buddy fixed the escalade. It ate his lunch though. Only saw it happen twice. The joint for the cam sensor wire to main harness cracked the solder (I'm not quoting, I'm tryin to remember what he said). He chased it for 4 days n figured screw it he'd check the harness deep inside. Said it's how he got his old lady's car free cuz the owner couldn't find it. I guess he said it's stretched pretty tight from the factory n age finally gets to it. He ran new wires to ground n feed n no problems since.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still waiting for scanner suggestions but I couldn’t sit by and do nothing so I checked compression, spark at plug wires, checked all plugs, checked fuel, all the other free stuff that takes awhile to check.

Everything seemed good. Went ahead and bought a new cap and rotor (only thing I couldn’t really check beyond a visual) and the code went away and the misfire seems to have gone away. Drove a few miles, ran it hard, seems good. I’ll drive 40 tomorrow and see what happens before I call it fixed.

Still looking for scanner suggestions so I can post misfire numbers.

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still no issues with the truck but I bought a innova 6100 and while it has live data I doNt see misfires. Am I missing something?
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• E379882E-241A-44AE-88F2-45E47F9DC3DC.jpeg
    E379882E-241A-44AE-88F2-45E47F9DC3DC.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 0DBA4B53-8366-4154-BC69-AC43690468D0.jpeg
    0DBA4B53-8366-4154-BC69-AC43690468D0.jpeg
    408.6 KB · Views: 4

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use a autel scanner and it can show pistons 1 through 8. While running live it does a misfire count and can tell me the cam position... in case your distributor moved. You can see if it's +or- 2°

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The pics you posted has no misfire counts so idk if it's capable or not but out of the info I see your map is at 9. Not sure if thats within spec I hope somebody chimes in. I could of sworn my was at 7. Either way everything else looked normal to me

Dnytro

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a autel scanner and it can show pistons 1 through 8. While running live it does a misfire count and can tell me the cam position... in case your distributor moved. You can see if it's +or- 2°

Which autel scanner? I’m gonna send this one back, it doesn’t have the option to show misfires.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still no issues with the truck but I bought a innova 6100 and while it has live data I doNt see misfires. Am I missing something?
I don't know Innova.

Looks to me like there's 25 PID screens, and you're showing photos of three of them.

1 of 25
9 of 25
20 of 25

Where are all the other screens?

As a last resort...read the operator's manual?